Section III - Personalities (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find Section III? What were your personalities, and how did you think you went?

Katherwin

HSC
I did Cleopatra. I was stoked with the questions, they were exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty happy with how I went, so hopefully, I can get a good mark.

Thecorey0

HSC
Hatshepsut was allright. The 10-marker was unique and something I've never seen before, content wise it was allright. The 15-marker was predictable and quite content-packed.

davidyin92

HSC
i did JC. It was my weakest out of all the other topics and snap, it was easy. The 15 marker was so broad you could literally talk about anything.

successwilbmine

HSC
arghh... comparatively better than most of the sections but sigh.. i did Agrippina II and part b was fine, i studied for that but part a asked to explain her death, HER DEATH! i studied the whole of her life and left out the one minor end of the topic! sigh.. i still dont know how she died... just remember sources being a little vague.. i said that attempts were made on her life such as the loose plank into the boat but ultimately i said that she was stabbed to death.. lol I made my own history up.. sigh

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Hatshepsut.
10 marker was fine. I wrote a fair bit for that one and I quite liked it.
15 marker was a bit weird. I didn't like it. Last question I did in the whole exam. Just kept writing about everything I knew about Hatshepsut and what she did as her role as "a successful New Kingdom pharoah" (generic line I write in every Hatshepsut essay).
I was never fan of this topic, to be honest. I did the best I could do with these questions and I think I did fairly well though.

lynton

HSC
Hatshepsut i thought was fairly good.
The 10 marker was different- i just linked her mortuary temple with scenes from Punt and divine birth to religious and politics- legitimisation to throne? i Hope that is right
And for the 15m i talked about her contributions and how later pharaohs copied her???

mattpwd

HSC
xerxes was easy?
first question was but the 15 mark what did you write?
I wrote stuff about the Greek Invasion of 480 and stuff about his treatment of the egyptians and babylonians

rachel2219

HSC
Agrippina the Younger.Questions were EASY.A bit difficult to get 10 and 15 marks though.For her death, I wrote how she had hired Seneca for nero and ironically he betrayed her and helped Nero kill her. Wrote about collapsable boat and stabbing blah blah got about 4 pages.And for the interpretations just talked about the context of her time and women and ancient and modern sources and how Tactius was bias because he hated the julio claduians.

choke

HSC
julius caesar... was OK i suppose.

it aint my strongest topic, but i studied the correct things... i don't know if it's just by chance, but i ONLY really studied the questions that were asked!!!! i'm damn relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamoz

HSC
Hatshepsut.
10 marker was fine. I wrote a fair bit for that one and I quite liked it.
15 marker was a bit weird. I didn't like it. Last question I did in the whole exam. Just kept writing about everything I knew about Hatshepsut and what she did as her role as "a successful New Kingdom pharoah" (generic line I write in every Hatshepsut essay).
I was never fan of this topic, to be honest. I did the best I could do with these questions and I think I did fairly well though.
+1 ahaha my linee was 'she was portrayed as a typical pharaoh' loll used it lyk in every paragraph for the 2 essays :p

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
the question for tiberius gracchus was pretty good. i'm glad all my study on the guy paid off :D

RBKSoulja

HSC
Tiberius was kinda weird imo... the wording of the question was really shit, but i managed to adapt my essays to the question

praying for a band 6 ^^

atal.love

HSC
did Pericles... & it was sweet.
i was so glad question b) related to the pelopponnesian war.

kaytee91

HSC
I did xerxes.10 marker raped me. Didnt study that enough obviously.Fml.

Blobulator

HSC
As for the section... I could've done so much better if I hadn't left this section until last. Felt fairly confident in the other three but then was running slightly short on time, so I had to rush. Would've preferred an Agrippina's relationship with [X] question but can't complain, I still have enough of an idea of the circumstances and motives of her death.

As for interpretations, again, I could've done WAY better on this one if I had more time. I knew so much to plug into this question... but had to cut a lot of quotes and things to make sure I got down all the varied interpretations. Got in Tacitus, Suetonius, Bauman, Barrett, Leadbetter, Susan Wood, Ferrero, plus the coins and things for pictorial interpretations. Would've put a modern filmic interpretation like I, Claudius too if I got time but that had to be cut due to time issues. Probably the weakest of my four sections since I did it last but the questions were fair.

Last edited:

Skinneth

Do The Whirlwind.
HSC
The Alexander questions were both quite broad so that was good...the BOS tried to be tricky and get us to evaluate his 'greatness', which meant analyse all the stuff he did..was brilliant.

chaldoking

HSC
Agrippina The YoungerI was expecting a question on Gaius and was quite bleh when I saw the question. It was easy - and I predicted it in another thread LOL. The second question: omg, content content content! I only did 2 ancient and 2 modern historians. I wrote 13-14 pages all together. Quite happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)