Sections III, IV : Extended Response (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
shakky15 said:
noooooooooooo i forgot to include that!!!!!!

i knew that stat! i knew it!! :mad: dammit.
Dirtying the float is not part of the monetary policy!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirtying the float is controlling the SUPPLY of money in the forex. Monetary policy is a demand-management weapon, so it has nothing to do with monetary policy!!! It's just another thing the RBA does.

coins

HSC
I did question 26) Exchange rates, and 28) Monetary policy. I managed 11 pages for question 26) and 12 pages for 28) with roughly 7-8 words per line and no diagrams so i think i did alright.

I wrote a criteria that needs to be met in order to judge the effectiveness of monetary policy for question 28 in the opening paragraph, then i used the rest of the essay to 'evaluate' if the actions of monetary policy has met the criteria.

The criteria consisted of implementation, possible stances, limitations and its importance amongst the policy mix.

Tell me what you think.

shakky15

HSC
chewy123 said:

Dirtying the float is controlling the SUPPLY of money in the forex. Monetary policy is a demand-management weapon, so it has nothing to do with monetary policy!!! It's just another thing the RBA does.
oh thats true. well in that case i still could have used it in the exchange rate response.

btw, the stuff in italics doesnt make sense.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
shakky15 said:
btw, the stuff in italics doesnt make sense.
You talking to me? What did I wrote what's in italic?

im-estelle

HSC
100% quality essays for me 20/20 both essays easy. but for multi, i went thru it and got about 17 and the short answers im quite sure i nailed em all in the head except the one where i had to bullshit through on case study. i wrote about fiscal policy leading to income distribution, education reforms and its relative ineffectiveness due to time lag. idk if thats sufficient but i guess im nervous cos its all total bullshit

shakky15

HSC
chewy123 said:

lol i put some of it in italics but it didnt come out.. you said:

"Monetary policy is a demand management weapon, so it has nothing to do with monetary policy!!!"

that does not make sense.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Moneytary policy is a demand management weapon, so it (dirtying the float) has nothing to do with monetary policy.
Since dirtying the float is a supply management weapon...

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
I wrote 4 pages for each Q. How the hell can you write so much crap on appreciation and monetary? :/

shakky15

HSC
chewy123 said:
Moneytary policy is a demand management weapon, so it (dirtying the float) has nothing to do with monetary policy.
Since dirtying the float is a supply management weapon...
i see what u mean.

meh no more eco ever (well not HSC economics anyway).

melmont13

HSC
chewy123 said:

Monetary policy (as defined in the Leading Edge 2008 book) is: -

A macroeconomic policy that aims to influence the cost and supply of money in the economy in order to influence economic outcomes.

That's exactly what dirtying the float is, hence you should have included it in your essay.

Dimplez

HSC
melmont13 said:

A macroeconomic policy that aims to influence the cost and supply of money in the economy in order to influence economic outcomes.

That's exactly what dirtying the float is, hence you should have included it in your essay.
:D Phew!! Glad I included it now.

Geohood

HSC
RohanZ said:
I wrote 4 pages for each Q. How the hell can you write so much crap on appreciation and monetary? :/
Appreciation I did 2.5 pages lol and still reckon I got enough for around 14/20.

Monetary theres heaps... how its implemented, how it acheives the eco goals, conflicts, limitations, also u can talk about how the other 2 help but thats more optional... I only did 6.5 pages though but I have normal writing.

runnable

HSC
Another thing about monetary can be "monetary policy decisions" to influence the exchange rate.

shakky15

HSC
melmont13 said:

not exactly. influencing the cost and supply of money is through DMO and interest rates (influences money supply that lenders can access). cost of money is not the exchange rate.

monetary policy decisions to influence the exchange rate also means increasing interest rates to influence an appreciation of the dollar (as foreigners deposit funds in our acccounts to make more interest).

christiina.h

HSC
melmont13 said:
Also I mentioned how RBA dirtied the float for the 4th time in 10 years yesterday I think? So i discussed external stability a little as well
HAHAHAH ME TOO

my economics teacher literally told us that in passing about two minutes before we went into the exam
and then when i was writing my monetary essay, i was like "in fact, just TODAY, the RBA has announced that they are dirtying the float" hahahahahahh i was like hellz yeah
i hope i actually made it relevant though hahaha

melmont13

HSC
shakky15 said:
not exactly. influencing the cost and supply of money is through DMO and interest rates (influences money supply that lenders can access). cost of money is not the exchange rate.

monetary policy decisions to influence the exchange rate also means increasing interest rates to influence an appreciation of the dollar (as foreigners deposit funds in our acccounts to make more interest).
By influencing the cost & supply of money you subsequently change the value of the Aus $ leading to a change in the exchange rate. Either way using DMO to dirty the float or changing interest rates with the aim of stopping an exchange rate fall is monetary policy, simple as that.

melmont13

HSC
christiina.h said:
HAHAHAH ME TOO

my economics teacher literally told us that in passing about two minutes before we went into the exam
and then when i was writing my monetary essay, i was like "in fact, just TODAY, the RBA has announced that they are dirtying the float" hahahahahahh i was like hellz yeah
i hope i actually made it relevant though hahaha
Rofl same, she told us while handing out lollies xD. At the time i was like pfft i won't use this, then i got into the exam and im like omg epic.

F-2tha-B

HSC
hey dude did you do question 25 in the 2008 HSC the one about trading blocs and promoting globalisation?
thanks

please help us out

later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)