Selective School interviews: (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
also im pretty sure for normo getting interview does not mean you will get an offer because pretty much everyone who applied from my school got interview (a solid 20 people)

Lllliwjw

HSC
also im pretty sure for normo getting interview does not mean you will get an offer because pretty much everyone who applied from my school got interview (a solid 20 people)
Its probs ur school is cracked at math. For me it was only me who got into the norman interview

skzzks

HSC
Its probs ur school is cracked at math. For me it was only me who got into the norman interview
yes thats kind of true basically everyone in our accel class who applied got interview yesterday and apparently the day of ur interview represents ur place on reserve

Lllliwjw

HSC
yes thats kind of true basically everyone in our accel class who applied got interview yesterday and apparently the day of ur interview represents ur place on reserve
Lol ok

contro3ler

HSC
but if you do get it make sure to vote for me for prefect next year term two :chainsaw2:

SpaceMission

HSC
Do you go gosford because I remember about 20 gosford kid who went and we’re in accelerated

SpaceMission

HSC
Hey do u know what questions they asked as a heads up please

Deem_Skills

HSC
Hey do u know what questions they asked as a heads up please
i forgot most of the stuff lol it was almost 2 days ago but they asked u stuff on why u wanted to come (the big one), a lot of questions on how u were going to cope with stuff, your rankings, your subjects for yr 11 and more but i forgot

hyuhyu

HSC
N/A
Do any of you guys know when fshs results come (I'm in year 8 now)?
It is through email right?

dalonga

HSC
Anyone in year 9 that's gotten jrahs results?
JRAHS results will come out on Monday
Applications for Year 8 -11
This week has been the last stage of the highly rigorous application process for students wanting to attend in Year 8-11, 2023.
All students apply via an online written application process and then sit a test administered by a company called Edutest. This test assesses mathematical and logical reasoning as well as writing skills. We use this test to determine which students move forward to the next stage of the application process which is when three teachers read the applications individually and decide who should attend an interview. If all three teachers say a student should come to interview then this is quite straightforward, where there is a disagreement, the application is assessed by the panel. The final stage is an interview with the Principal accompanied by a Deputy Principal.
I have very much enjoyed meeting with all the prospective students via Zoom this week. Even getting to interview stage is an outstanding achievement as the competition has been so tough this year. We offer more interviews than we have places and so not everyone can gain a place at the school, therefore unfortunately, some students and their families will be disappointed, and I am sorry about that.
The results of this process will be sent out on Monday.
Please note that in Year 8 we currently have no places, so we have made a reserve list for that.

MegaBrainz32

HSC
I called up baulko and they said shortlist didn’t come out. So why are people saying it did? So confusing lol
Baulko will give out their results in the second week of September, those who are saying it is already out do not really know. I personally have called them and this is what they have said.

MegaBrainz32

HSC
So I just had my Normanhurst interview for entry into year 11. Normanhurst has only just started their interview process and it will be done over the next couple of weeks depending on how quickly they get through them for year 11. They said that it will take about 2 weeks to get the result out for the people who have made it into normanhurst. For those in years 9 and below this year, I'm sorry but your results are going to come out really late as your cohort often gets a shit ton of applications and so you will have to wait till like end October so that's and L for you. For the people who are still going to do the interview, these are the questions they asked (besides first one they may not be in order and this is just what I remember).
1. Why do you want to come to Normo boys
2. Do you do any extracurriculars
3. What does an afternoon after school look like for you
4. What do you do in your downtime
5. Will you miss the girls lol
7. This isn't a question but they will want to know how easily you will settle into the school
8. There is one more question but I'm not gonna tell you just so I have some competitive advantage.
9. Is there anything else that you want to tell me to improve ur chances.

SpaceMission

HSC
So I just had my Normanhurst interview for entry into year 11. Normanhurst has only just started their interview process and it will be done over the next couple of weeks depending on how quickly they get through them for year 11. They said that it will take about 2 weeks to get the result out for the people who have made it into normanhurst. For those in years 9 and below this year, I'm sorry but your results are going to come out really late as your cohort often gets a shit ton of applications and so you will have to wait till like end October so that's and L for you. For the people who are still going to do the interview, these are the questions they asked (besides first one they may not be in order and this is just what I remember).
1. Why do you want to come to Normo boys
2. Do you do any extracurriculars
3. What does an afternoon after school look like for you
4. What do you do in your downtime
5. Will you miss the girls lol
7. This isn't a question but they will want to know how easily you will settle into the school
8. There is one more question but I'm not gonna tell you just so I have some competitive advantage.
9. Is there anything else that you want to tell me to improve ur chances.
Thanks so much brooooo i owe u big time

SpaceMission

HSC
Hey guys in an interview do you reckon i should do short answered questions or long answered questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)