Selective Schools: Good or Bad? (1 Viewer)

lionking1191

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
i love baulko
i love the smart people
i love the conditioning it provides from the outside world

selective schools are the best
i would go as far to say that being around such a smart group of people makes you enjoy learning
do you have dennett for modern? -.-

Scinery

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
i love baulko
i love the smart people
i love the conditioning it provides from the outside world

selective schools are the best
i would go as far to say that being around such a smart group of people makes you enjoy learning
lol what conditioning?? ive been conditioned through my music and my job and my many cousins...not through the school

lionking1191

HSC
Scinery said:
lol what conditioning?? ive been conditioned through my music and my job and my many cousins...not through the school
'atmosphere,' maybe?

HSC
lionking1191 said:
do you have dennett for modern? -.-
yes

Scinery said:
conditioning from the world
ie we're in such a nice baulko bubble and don't realise how shit the world really is and how dumb people really are

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
yes

cushioning from the world
ie we're in such a nice baulko bubble and don't realise how shit the world really is and how dumb people really are
fixed.

edit:// i think. eh. whatever.

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
no i mean conditioned

as in conditioning like soma in bnw (not that i've read it)

the smart baulko atmosphere makes us oh-so happy and ignorant to the stupidity that lies out there

lionking1191

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
yes

conditioning from the world
im trying to guess who you are... does your name start with a k or a h? that's my top 2 suspicions..

Scinery

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
no i mean conditioned

the smart baulko atmosphere makes us oh-so happy and ignorant to the stupidity that lies out there
does this not support my view that selective schools make it's students ignorant towards the world and prejudiced against dumb people? thankyou, come again.

lionking1191

HSC
Scinery said:
does this not support my view that selective schools make it's students ignorant towards the world and prejudiced against dumb people? thankyou, come again.
if you are prejudcied against 'dumb' people, it's obvious that you are not smart yourself to begin with

HSC
lionking1191 said:
if you are prejudcied against 'dumb' people, it's obvious that you are not smart yourself to begin with
exactly
we're not prejudiced
we're ignorant
BIG difference

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
no i mean conditioned

Oh no. I'm quite aware that there are stupid people out there. I'm also aware that there are people in comprehensive schools who are just as smart, or smarter, than some of the people in our school. However, these are people I know from my extended family.

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Oh no. I'm quite aware that there are stupid people out there.

yeah i'm generalising

i didn't realise the extent of the difference between us and 'others' until last weekend

Scinery

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
exactly
we're not prejudiced
we're ignorant
BIG difference
lol no i wasnt making myself clear

im saying that selective kids think that comprehensive = dumb but more importantly dumb = primitive. if it happens within the school you know theres a problem. Because theres a difference between someone who can excel in maths and someone who can excel in life.

Anus McLovin

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Hey, I got into Baulko on natural talent baby ;p

and about the socially awkward thing, you get all kinds. you get everyone from people who go out every week, to pretty normal, to really weird boys who won't even talk to girls. I bet it's like that at a lot of school.

i think my school has offered plenty of opportunities to improve social skills and what not, i mean just by joining the various clubs, you're kind of forced to talk to and get to know a variety of people.
My bad. I meant people can't go to those schools on natural talent alone. You gotta study a little..even the slightest goes a long way in year 6.

And as for the social awkward thing, i intentionally left the word "most" in there because at these schools the "normal" ones actually happen to be a minority, at the most 50-50. It's only around year 11 and 12 about 1/2 of those 50% open up, and so really, for 4 years of school, it's only 1/4 of the school prepared for the outside world.

HSC
Scinery said:
lol no i wasnt making myself clear

im saying that selective kids think that comprehensive = dumb but more importantly dumb = primitive. if it happens within the school you know theres a problem. Because theres a difference between someone who can excel in maths and someone who can excel in life.
generally speaking comprehensive can equal 'dumb'
but that doesn't make them primitive
they're just different
probably better at other things, like life lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)