~Sem 1 2012 Results~ (1 Viewer)

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing Econ110 and acst101!

sigh...I hope i don't suffer :L
For ACST101, don't let old man Westcott get to you.

He will say things which discourage a lot of students, but just focus and do your revision etc and you will be fine.

E.g. "if you don't know how to work this out in 15 secs you are already 4 weeks behind, and you should drop the unit and come back next semester"

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
ECON110 will be much harder than ECON111 if you have Alison Vicary.
Otherwise, ECON110 will be easier than ECON111 in terms of content.

For ACST101, tutorials and quizes will be sufficient for a pass (easy Distinction if you are good in maths).
Got 99 for it, easiest out of the 9 subjects I did in first year (in terms of preparation and difficulty).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

He will say things which discourage a lot of students, but just focus and do your revision etc and you will be fine.

E.g. "if you don't know how to work this out in 15 secs you are already 4 weeks behind, and you should drop the unit and come back next semester"
To be honest he was really good this semester. In the first lecturer he did scare a few people though when he was telling people to un-enroll if they hadn't completed any maths in the HSC/MATH123. Guess he has his reasons.

bimatty

HSC
thanks for the advice there! Yeah and I do understand what you mean by balancing. Which is so hard to do if I want to be competitive to transfer as well. LOL but ohwells.

Having a perfect 7.0 GPA means that you would have had ALL HDs in all your units. One distinction or lower would bring you to 6.xx GPA. Essentially if my GPA were to be converted I would 'believe' it to be 6.3 ish (i think). But I really really hope to bring it to 6.5+
Oh, I see. That seems a bit weird, because a pass would drop from 4.0 to a fail at 0, as opposed to the incremental drop of 2 in the 4.0 system.

Really, I can't see any uni and/or course not accepting you with your current marks.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest he was really good this semester. In the first lecturer he did scare a few people though when he was telling people to un-enroll if they hadn't completed any maths in the HSC/MATH123. Guess he has his reasons.
I was very bad at HSC maths for 2U, I ended up getting around 77 and it was very shocking for me. Should I take the MATH123 course prior to enrolling for ACST101?

Wait was it 2U Maths or General Maths that was recommended? Does the lecturer or tutor revise the topics or is it assumed knowledge?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad

Lol this man sounds tough, *crossing fingers* please I don't want him!!!!

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
I was very bad at HSC maths for 2U, I ended up getting around 77 and it was very shocking for me. Should I take the MATH123 course prior to enrolling for ACST101?

Wait was it 2U Maths or General Maths that was recommended? Does the lecturer or tutor revise the topics or is it assumed knowledge?
2U maths is way sufficient for acst101.
They do not have proof for geometric series, they just give you the formula and apply it. (no understanding needed behind the formula)

The hardest maths in acst101 probably using log to find the unknown such as
1.03^n = 3.262

Most of the stuff are just applying the formula, the formula sheet is provided in both final and class test.

You can also grab some easy mark from the element part, 30% of theory just memorizing.

rayy_bann

HSC
ECON110 will be much harder than ECON111 if you have Alison Vicary.
Otherwise, ECON110 will be easier than ECON111 in terms of content.

For ACST101, tutorials and quizes will be sufficient for a pass (easy Distinction if you are good in maths).
Got 99 for it, easiest out of the 9 subjects I did in first year (in terms of preparation and difficulty).
Whats wrong with Alison vicary??? Im scared now.

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
Whats wrong with Alison vicary??? Im scared now.
She makes the test quite hard.

She will use current news in the exam and you need to apply your knowledge to answer those questions.

One question in the final are using the AD-AS model and currency stuff to explain what happen in the economy for the Jewish at the second world war in Warsaw.

I heard that only 3% got HD from her haha:p

rayy_bann

HSC
She makes the test quite hard.

She will use current news in the exam and you need to apply your knowledge to answer those questions.

One question in the final are using the AD-AS model and currency stuff to explain what happen in the economy for the Jewish at the second world war in Warsaw.

I heard that only 3% got HD from her haha:p
Lol...well that should be interesting! Im actually looking forward to it. Plus as long as you understand the content then you will be given the deserved marks. I was told for econ111 only 1% got HD. Now i know thats not true, since i got one. I guess we just have to wait and see :)

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
2U maths is way sufficient for acst101.
They do not have proof for geometric series, they just give you the formula and apply it. (no understanding needed behind the formula)

The hardest maths in acst101 probably using log to find the unknown such as
1.03^n = 3.262

Most of the stuff are just applying the formula, the formula sheet is provided in both final and class test.

You can also grab some easy mark from the element part, 30% of theory just memorizing.

Sweet, so my 2U knowledge should be fair enough for this course? I will probably undertake the subject then! Thanks!

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Couple of days late but ...

Failed ACCG100. Not because it was hard just couldn't be bothered and isn't a prerequisite unit for me next year.

I can confidently say obtaining a credit in BBA102 is possible without reading the textbook or lecture slides for all of semester 1. All multiple guess and can be answered through good common sense and general knowledge.

ECON110 I literally passed and relied on much of my HSC economics from last year to help me through.

STAT170 was passed through scabbing off friends and final exam is a piece of cake since they let you bring in a double sided A4 page with whatever you want.

All in all a good semester hahaha :D

NOTE: I don't recommend this method to anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)