Semester 1, 2008 Timetables (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddtng

HSC
Re: timetables

Is the timetabling site now dead for anyone?

bustinjustin

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
At which point you drop the subject if at all possible.

Has anyone ever come across one of those people before? Not me. Not even when I was doing chem1102 with about 20 other people.
Friend did Performance Studies where one lecturer would try to ask as many students as possible a question in each lecture, so as to note down their name and sneakily mark them on a roll. It was a pretty small class, I don't know if anyone failed for non attendance. Tutors in Asian Studies for instance also verbally noted my absence in lectures (there were about 30-40 doing the subject. That said, it's probably only really an issue in small classes that shouldn't be forced, but can be.

Edit: Whether or not this contributed to less than spectacular tute marks I don't know, I highly doubt it, but it's got me wondering now.

Last edited:

JulyJones

HSC

Its dead for me. It says I can't access it until o-week between 10am-10pm. Stupid timetable. I want it now.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Mine's 5 days, but fucked if I'm actually going to uni any time apart from all day Monday and after 3pm on Thursday.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

19 hours for the majority of the semester

11-5 most days

not bad

neafoo

HSC
I had a clash on the two subjects i wanted to do most, but when i followed their instructions to 'click here' to see what i could do about it, the page was dead (hoorah).

Can i just enrol in a different unit to fix it?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Happy with mine. Won't bother going on Thursday or to the 9am lecture on Tuesday.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
score, had 20 hours plus 2 clashes, but dropped communications (looked like some hard fkn subject to which i only had half the assumed knowledge) for some isys subject (which looks pretty easy to me). I have to come in every day (...well there's only 1 lecture on wednesday and friday), but just 15 hours now.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
jayadore said:

That's mine for first semester.
I think it's okay. =/
Minus the tuesday's english tut and ancient history lecture bit.
Hope you get Margarita in the 9am EDUF tutorial (I had that time and had her). She rocks.

Shaking Paper

HSC

That HSTY tute just wouldn't move into either of those gaps, timetabling system how I loathe thee.
Can't avoid that clash either...

roadrage75

HSC
just a quick quesiton.... ive got my timetable, but how official is it? i mean is it just a draft? cas i thought that the "real" timetables didnt come out til o-week?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
breakout-09 said:
If I go to the student centre to try and get my timetable altered, what do you think my chances of success are?
If you want to make timetable changes in person, go to Madsen LG31 between:
Monday February 25 - Friday February 29, 9:30 am - 4 pm (o-week)
Monday March 3 - Friday March 7, 9:30 am - 4 pm (week 1)

Note the lines are usually quite long from the start of O-week on Wednesday.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
roadrage75 said:
just a quick quesiton.... ive got my timetable, but how official is it? i mean is it just a draft? cas i thought that the "real" timetables didnt come out til o-week?
These are the 'official' timetables.

nick1689

HSC
Is it a bad thing to have 3 lectures/tutes one after each other? On wednesday I got classses from 2-3,3-4,4-5. The rooms, to my understanding arent that far away from each other, but how long do you have to get from one class to another? If you are late do you just silently slip into to the class?

Also, YAY, 3 days a week only!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
nick1689 said:
If you are late do you just silently slip into to the class?
Yep, most lecturers/tutors don't care. Most start their classes 5 or so minutes after the scheduled time to allow people to get to classes.

Shaking Paper

HSC
nick1689 said:
Is it a bad thing to have 3 lectures/tutes one after each other? On wednesday I got classses from 2-3,3-4,4-5. The rooms, to my understanding arent that far away from each other, but how long do you have to get from one class to another? If you are late do you just silently slip into to the class?

Also, YAY, 3 days a week only!
Lectures tend to start and finish 5 minutes from the hour, so there is usually plenty of time to get from place to place. Often people slip into class a few minutes late, especially early in the semester, usually nothing to worry about. I've had lecturers become irritated with people entering more than 10-15 minutes late however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)