Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter

Biochem should be on WebCT soon anyway, so you can grab the lecture notes from there.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC

hi
just thought i ask
umz... would they let me change my timetable completely except for one subject??
or do i have to have a really good reason why??
i jut want to change it to my customized timetable so that I can get home early and start later....
i plan to join the queue tomorrow just don't know if its worth it... dun wanna line up when in the end i'm not allowed to change it

wrong thread to ask but everyone seems to come here first lol well today newaiz

first of uni today... it was all right for me... abit lonely... lol everyone i befriend with ended up having a friend of their own and so ditches me after class lol

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC

Malfoy said:
It was really intimidating. I barely knew anyone and I'm socially inept. :(
i felt the same way :S , but im sure it'll get better in the tutorials coz of the smaller class sizes, we'll get to know people better, as opposed to lectures where hardly anyone talks. so dw :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

ujuphleg said:
Yes, until March the 31st which is the census date, otherwise known as the last day to bail from Uni - the numbers drop significantly after then, and when you come back after mid-term break, you'll notice less people.

Oh and I spotted Phanatical today. [/random]
I wouldn't have a clue what you look like.

I've always hated main campus, because at the Con I could just lie in the corridors and sleep if I had long periods between classes (I never did, though I did sleep in a corridor once). I've found a rather nice sleeping place for the 4 and a half hour break between my morning and afternoon classes now, so that makes me pleased - though I'll probably stop going to the afternoon lecture.

Last edited:

lfc_reds2003

im soo tired..had a 6am wake up for 8am maths..welcome to uni! lol

and then middle of the day had a 4hr break..walked to central to meet somebody who ended up being busy

then had to trek it home on a packed train

many blisters on feet
lucky an easy day tomorrow!:D

jellybeenz

HSC

Malfoy said:
It was really intimidating. I barely knew anyone and I'm socially inept. :(
Don't worry.... I found first day of first year exactly like that as well... It'll get better soon, there is a lot of buildup to uni and what an experience it is- understandably when you get there it is going to be a letdown. But first day isn't reflective of how first semester or even first year will turn out- and first year isn't even reflective of how your time at uni will turn out to be...

You will get used to uni and if you are anything like me, you have to get used to classes, lectures, timetables and new places before you can get used to the people and actually start making friends. It will take a little bit of time but its not gonna be intimidating forever.

o0_jolie_0o said:
first of uni today... it was all right for me... abit lonely... lol everyone i befriend with ended up having a friend of their own and so ditches me after class lol
They will learn... people try and hold onto high school ties a lot at first... but soon it changes... they will grow to be more open to other people once their high school friends ditch them for other people or for study.

*** It was a good day for me... realised I actually know people this year and know where things are! Spot the first years was fun- they all dress up and try too hard to look "cool"- either that or they are talking on their phone outside manning saying "but where is this manning place?"

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC

Yeah, the first years will stop turning up. Despite the fact that they're paying for their education now ...

Don't get it, don't need to. I'll just turn up to everything...

bradc1988

HSC

Why do they stop turning up? Considering I am paying for my education I'm going to do everything I can to get the most out of it, which means turning up for everything.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

French 1631 was fucking mad for talent.

I sat at the door when it finished (half an hour early) and I swear to god the ratio of attractive to non attractive women was 6:1

Can't wait for tutorials...

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC

Tutes are alright...I liked them. But fuckin lectures - gayest place to meet people ever.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC

my 2-4PM ACCT1001 lecture threatre was so boiling hot, not to mention the 100 or so people there as well.

i did remember what the lecturer said (not specifically along these lines) "at usyd comes prestige, but what comes with prestige is old age..."

:rolleyes:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC

bradc1988 said:
Why do they stop turning up? Considering I am paying for my education I'm going to do everything I can to get the most out of it, which means turning up for everything.
Considering anyone can turn up, you're not really paying for your lectures. Plus some of them are so boring it's better spent doing other things.

Recalling from last year, human bio in semester 2 was overloaded on talents.

Going to stop turning up to linear. Except maybe the quiz.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

ujuphleg said:
Oh and I spotted Phanatical today. [/random]

Heh, i spotted him as well. In Wentworth as i was heading to my lecture

As for my first lecture, an otherwise boring ocaasion was improved by the antics of Giuseppe.

aleco88

HSC

Could someone please tell me how much these copy notes are and where do you get them? Do you order them thru my uni or just rock up and buy them?
many thanks

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

twas an okay day, had 2 hawt first years ask where Eastern Avenue Auditorium
my STAT lecturer was weird

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

brogan77 said:
When and where was this lecture?...i said "Hi" to Guissepe while he was lecturing. :eek:
hah, there was one point when he shouted something to somebody outside the room.
2pm in Merewether Lecture theater 1

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC

Question: Every time I visit the student centre, there's a ridiculously long line. I have to get some stuff sorted, but my timetable and laziness doesn't really permit me to wait in that thing. Are there any times when the student centre isn't busy?

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

Rafy said:
hah, there was one point when he shouted something to somebody outside the room.
2pm in Merewether Lecture theater 1
God help me. I'm in your Lecture.

P.S - I could tell it was Brogan as soon as my pants started leaking as I came within earshot of his sexy voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)