Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter

FRNC1631
Lectures:
Monday: 11am
Tuesday: 12pm

Quadrangle Building, General Lecture Theatre N205

Fact:
I have a break 11am on Mondays.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

Malfoy said:
It was really intimidating. I barely knew anyone and I'm socially inept. :(
As am I.

Fortunately, I met a few 2nd years I know, so I have friends at Uni now...'Supposedly'.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A

SpoRTsGaL said:
Well I have to take note that there was only one lecture today and many people didn't bother showing up (I almost didn't) and some of the usual hotties were missing. They may have, however, transferred out (like some of my friends did). I'll tell you tomorrow if there really are many hotties, as basically everyone will/should be there.
And here I was thinking that the first week lectures were the most important.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

finished at 10am today :p

Anyone else get a short day because science lab sessions dont start till next week?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

goony said:
finished at 10am today :p

Anyone else get a short day because science lab sessions dont start till next week?
yep
but then i had to wait in the damned copycentre line
and then the co-op bookshop line (to no avail)
then i had to borrow mother textbooks from the library
but i couldnt find them
and then i asked the library lady and she sent me to where i was before
but the 500's were nowhere to be seen
but then i saw 'em finally
and then the bus wouldn't pick us passengers :confused:
so i got pissed off and walked to broadway which almost made my arms fall off
then i scouted out mountain street and went to kopystop to get 3 more books
then i took a breather outside UTS and alerted the uts cats to my presence there in the hope that someone would befriend me/carry my books to central
no luck.
then i headed off again to central
then the train decided to go 'all stops' except oatley (how unusual :rolleyes:)
was NOT walking in this damned heat with all my books from 2 stations away
waited for a train to oatley
walked home
sigh
my everything hurts :(

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

first day today, pretty good met 3 dudes that seemed pretty cool and saw someone i met at arty starty day in my philosophy lecture. All the lecturers seem pretty fun (especially the ECOP1011 and the philosophy ones). Anyone going to that hillsong party tonight? loll, i would if i knew heaps of people but oh well.

hysteria

HSC

first day started off bad - forgetting my timetable + missing the bus...got to uni, thought i was at merewether when i was actually suppose to be over at eastern avenue auditorium...
Just wondering, did anyone go to the MKTG1001 Lecture Stream 1 on Monday? Did i miss anything particularly important because i just changed from Aust. Politics to Mktg today...

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

townie said:
twas an okay day, had 2 hawt first years ask where Eastern Avenue Auditorium
my STAT lecturer was weird
bahah she's hilarious! at least she actually tells funny jokes. I'm loving the Psych department's teachers. They're all so incredibly funny. I walked out of there understanding everything she said, so it was a great first lecture.

Talk about weather...the whole of Wallace was packed out...there were no spare seats and it was hot on monday. it was incredibly smelly too.

Generator

HSC
N/A

I'm going to hate one of my units, but given that I have already bought the reader and that I really don't feel like learning about Museums... Oh well, I'll survive.

Today I saw far too many EU stalls, the Union's various eateries are beyond a joke, the picture on my access card looks seedy (I was hot and tired, so my fault) and I don't know anyone now that I have moved on to my BA. I could go on, but I wouldn't want to bore you.

Bloody university.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

lol, i meant my maths STATS lecturer

the psych chick is cool

OMG, does any1 do HPSC2100 WEIRDEST LECTURER EVER, but funny

Okay, so who wants to meat townie for lunch 2morow, i wanna get drunk

and OMG, yay, PSYC2011 people get to work with rats this semester!

jellybeenz

HSC

I'm so psyched about this rat thing in psych! Maybe I'm weird but I think its exciting!

Psych Stats is gonna be hard, so im gonna have to put in the effort....

Hmm... Romantic Fictions looks crappy... or maybe it was the woolley lecture theatre. I dont like that place.

And wow am I glad I'm only doing 3 subjects, it doesn't result in that many less hours but it certainly feels lighter...

jellybeenz

HSC

Malfoy said:
The Union eateries look like bad RSL food and they're expensive, but I expected that. $5.45 for an ice cream and a drink is really expensive!
Yeah the food isn't that crash hot... but on cold winter afternoons, I think chips and gravy is the best thing everer (obviously not the best thing everer but hyperbole was used for effect).

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

jellybeenz said:
I'm so psyched about this rat thing in psych! Maybe I'm weird but I think its exciting!

Psych Stats is gonna be hard, so im gonna have to put in the effort....

Hmm... Romantic Fictions looks crappy... or maybe it was the woolley lecture theatre. I dont like that place.

And wow am I glad I'm only doing 3 subjects, it doesn't result in that many less hours but it certainly feels lighter...
ug it was SO hot this arvo in romantic fictions. and really, "everything is a narrative"??? we're second year now. can we start being treated like 2nd years lol

jellybeenz

HSC

I know! Gosh and what was with that crapping on for ages about the tutorial problem... yes the timetable people screwed up, a new tutorial has to be made, email her if you want to change. End of STORY. No need to go on for 15 minutes about it.

The room was packed too... I'm just glad I didnt have to sit on the floor, of course it wouldn't be the first time I've had to in an English class.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

haha ps. townie i saw you yesterday in carslaw. does it freak you out that randoms can recognise you?

maths 1002 lecturer is pretty hot. i imagine alot of the boys were drooling. i was.

phys1002 lecturer is this crazy indian woman. she's pretty funny and down-to-earth and pretty cynical about the whole deal. i like that

ps everybody. there's a semi-hot guy working in co-op bookshop. he has semi long and shaggy hair, but what really makes him hot is his nose. sweet mother of pearl its a beautiful nose :eek:

pps. oh and the head biology woman 'elizabeth may' will not stop sending everyone condescending and patronising emails and is a real dragon lady. the end

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A

Anyone else hating Robinson yet? [STAT 2911 Lecturer]. He's damn boring.

lozzie17

HSC

Hey, My timetable just changed - like quite a few changes. . . I mostly like the changes, but one of my workshops has changed, can I automatically go to a different one, or do I have to change it offically, cause its a workshop? thanks : )

Shaking Paper

HSC

How do you know that your timetable changed? I thought in the MyUni thing you couldnt look at your timetable, and clicking the button to see it meant getting an altogether new one... :/

lozzie17

HSC

Urm . . you go into the my uni thing and then go to timetable unit and then you click collect my timetable or whatever - I was only checking cause one lecturer told us to keep an eye on it?

Shaking Paper

HSC

Oh. Ok. I thought the "This new timetable makes all previous timetables void." and huge 'warning' sign meant that when you click 'collect my timetable' it was really making you up a new one.

I suck at computers though so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)