Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neafoo

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

Triangulum said:
I heard a first-year on the train this morning complaining about referencing. "You have to full like, do the page numbers and stuff, it's so gay". Suck it up, petal.
lol. I always hated doing it too, but never said anything about it. Probably because i never learned how to do it in highschool and because i always fucking follow the style guides of the of course, yet they always manage to find something wrong with it.

el gwapo

HSC

stazi said:
the prepaid line doesnt take long though: all they do is show id, get their text and leave
no not at all yet some people seem to be surprised to see there's a short line. of course the ultra-noobs just go inside and cut left into the long line queue service.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

I just realised all my software textbooks have a children's book cover on them (one has a tiger the other one has dinosaurs)...pic unrelated

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

No line at the Coop at 9ish this morning, but a short prepaid line at the copy centre.

NEXT SEMESTER I am getting readers delivered.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

KarmaKitten said:
Jeez. That Richard White can babble.
Is he the history of travel/history of the cooee guy, or is that Richard Waterhouse? I always get them mixed up.

KarmaKitten

HSC

He is the lecturer for Australian Social History 1919-1998 (tho the course seems to have extended to 2008)

And the man can babble. Completely off topic most of the time. A part of me wants to pick the other Australian history topic.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

goony said:
I just realised all my software textbooks have a children's book cover on them (one has a tiger the other one has dinosaurs)...pic unrelated
Big Java and what's the other one?

Libbster

HSC

so freaking tired from 10-4 straight and some fucker at college has got a frigin' airhorn so i can't go to sleep!!! :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Fucking fluids.

neafoo

HSC

my anthropology unit this semester sucks so far. I'd love to change but i cant find anything else that i might enjoy/have met the pre-requisites for. ;(

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

goony said:
operating systems concepts

im doing Operating Systems and Machine Principles, i thought it was an Operating Systems course, but its just an introduction to C course. What course are you doing that requires that book

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

This thread is biz-zay.

Anyway, that DBM tard was running late to our lecture. He had his reasons, but I was unimpressed either way. IHPF, is this usual? If so I'm vcross, aka :vcross:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

A High Way Man said:
im doing Operating Systems and Machine Principles, i thought it was an Operating Systems course, but its just an introduction to C course. What course are you doing that requires that book
COMP3520.

It's pretty much the next step from what you're doing now (moar unix scripting though)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

A High Way Man said:
I'm doing that also. COMP2129 or something?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

Hey, does anyone know if I can drop a core unit and pretend I'll do it next year? I'm enrolled in B International Studies and one of my core units is ECOP1001, but I hate it so much and I know I'll fail it or something, and I also know that I will definitely be transferring degrees either through mid-year entry or next year, so I really don't want to do it at all (I'd rather do Anthropology which I want to major in when I transfer to BSc (Adv)/Arts). So can I drop ECOP1001 and pretend I'll do it next year and take up ANTH1001 even though ECOP1001 is one of my core subjects (do I have to do it in my first year?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)