Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
wooo online isys quiz finished. I was wondering how everyone had been scoring high marks in these quizzes, then i borrowed the prescribed textbook and alot of the quiz questions were there (some with worked solutions).

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
is falk the guy who played the ukelele?
if so then yes he is a douchebag. ribot was probably the least douchiest of the guys.
i found falk to be quite the personality- very witty and well spoken

ribot's just lame
i mean...vote the delicious mauritius?
come on ffs

also guys
what is eurovision?

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC
Boaslrd results are looking like:
Brownless
Mann
Buckland
Brooks
Watt
Rossi

With buckland maybe 25 votes ahead of falk before prefs. Counting continues tomorrow.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Boaslrd results are looking like:
Brownless
Mann
Buckland
Brooks
Watt
Rossi

With buckland maybe 25 votes ahead of falk before prefs. Counting continues tomorrow.
peter seith didn't leapfrog the competition thanks to the sizable last-minute chalking campaign by the vegetarian society, then.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Speaking of Brownless, lol'd at him being on the front cover of the Higher Education section of the Australian yesterday.
He was wearing his campaign t-shirt, the poor battler who had to struggle through holding many jobs to get youth allowance. /pity
/sarcasm
Wai so Mr Men.

spiny norman

HSC
I liked that there were some surprises with this year's election results (Brownless shitting it in where Watt was, last I heard, not 100% guaranteed).

Last night I heard Brownless/Mann/Rossi were up, any news on how long to confirm either the two women's positions or the one male position left (also, given near everyone I know, from all walks of USyd life, wants Falk to beat Buckland, I'm a bit confused as to how it's so close/looks more likely to go the other way).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I liked that there were some surprises with this year's election results (Brownless shitting it in where Watt was, last I heard, not 100% guaranteed).

Last night I heard Brownless/Mann/Rossi were up, any news on how long to confirm either the two women's positions or the one male position left (also, given near everyone I know, from all walks of USyd life, wants Falk to beat Buckland, I'm a bit confused as to how it's so close/looks more likely to go the other way).
Because NLS pulled people off Watt's campaign because Amani and Priebee weren't looking the goods. The latter two won't make it on board, they've got ~100 and ~80 votes respectively to Lizzy's 200 or so.

The Buckland result was unexpected, at least for me, because student unity never have their shit together. Their campaign team was significantly larger than Falk's so that'd be largely why.

I've asked a couple of people to keep me updated on the count, but I'm sure before they get to me Latham'll post some gloating facebook status about it. End of the week we should know if nothing crazy happens.

spiny norman

HSC
The Buckland result was unexpected, at least for me, because student unity never have their shit together. Their campaign team was significantly larger than Falk's so that'd be largely why.
The Unity campaign was ridiculous. Having their two NUS National OBs, David Wilkins and Jimmy Mentor, come in and campaign for them was so over the top. I think Buckland's a nice enough guy and think both he and Falk have their pros and cons, but the total fuckwitted way that Unity campaigned is enough for me to really hope Falk gets it (I would've preferred him anyway, but now deeply want him to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)