Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The Unity campaign was ridiculous. Having their two NUS National OBs, David Wilkins and Jimmy Mentor, come in and campaign for them was so over the top. I think Buckland's a nice enough guy and think both he and Falk have their pros and cons, but the total fuckwitted way that Unity campaigned is enough for me to really hope Falk gets it (I would've preferred him anyway, but now deeply want him to).
what's an NUS national OB, and why is getting one to campaign for you over the top?

(and while i'm displaying my cluelessness on student politics, what the hell are the whigs and why did they suddenly come from nowhere last year?)

HSC
Ohhh..kk.

-Finish editing speech
-Start learning speech
-Start thinking about how I will do Theory essay.

gogogogo

KarmaKitten

HSC
Instead of working on an essay due monday, ive polished off half a bottle of champagne and enjoyed happy hour at kuletos. Great going me. pft.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Buckland up, as are two girls who polled over 200 votes less than Falk.

Affirmative action is a fucking disgrace.

EDIT: Having NUS National OBs campaign for you means they've been flown in (usually at the student's expense). It's also generally a faux pas to have them campaigning for member organisations.

spiny norman

HSC
Yeah, the NUS OBs were from South Australia and Victoria - their presence was really unnecessary, especially given Buckland's not exactly the most impressive of dudes.

That's really shit news about Falk. Were Lizzy and Mel 6th and 7th, or did Tom Lee and Peter Seith pip either of them too?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, the NUS OBs were from South Australia and Victoria - their presence was really unnecessary, especially given Buckland's not exactly the most impressive of dudes.

That's really shit news about Falk. Were Lizzy and Mel 6th and 7th, or did Tom Lee and Peter Seith pip either of them too?
Peter pipped them for certain, on the night I think Tom Lee was above at least one of them.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
so

how many representatives do we get?

and who are they?

student politics confuddles me

spiny norman

HSC
You get six, they are:

Scott Brownless, David Mann, Michael Buckland, Giorgia Rossi, Lizzy Watt, Melissa Brooks.

A great story going around I heard from election day:

Mel Brooks (to two students): ...and yeah, you should definitely vote for me. Honi Soit said that I had the best policies of any of the candidates.
Students: Okay, cool.
(Mel leaves)
Student #1: Who's Honi Soit?
Student #2: I dunno, probably some Asian kid.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hands up if you have lots of stuff to do but can't be arsed!

*waves*

keep your hand up if you don't particularly care

*omg pick me miss*

woot

ok time2bseriousbusiness
essays go! :(

amber44

HSC
hands up if you have lots of stuff to do but can't be arsed!

*waves*

keep your hand up if you don't particularly care

*omg pick me miss*

woot

ok time2bseriousbusiness
essays go! :(
I know it's bad. Why are we like this? Does anyone know of anyone that's really keen when it comes to studying and doing assignments on time?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I know it's bad. Why are we like this? Does anyone know of anyone that's really keen when it comes to studying and doing assignments on time?
I've only done one assignment the night before this semester. This weekend's going to be trying but 75% finished all the ones due next week as well.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
All functional requirements completed for C++ assignment. Now to go and tidy up/comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)