Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokodamonkey

HSC
I thought the fact i had no laptop working for the last 2months kinda meant that i hadn't been on here? but i guess other peoples egos are bigger..

guess whos back.... back again....

chads back.... tell some men..

na na na na rub m y back rub my back

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
ARE YOU SUGGESTING I HAVE A BIG EGO?

YEAH WELL I ALSO HAVE A BIG ID AND SUPER EGO SO THERE :p

Last edited:

zomg

HSC
N/A
not psych plz bek. i think failing is enough for me, i dont need it following me around too

lala2

Banned
HSC
About to finish case 2. Hoping to get case 3 and 4 done tonight and somehow try to start case 5. Then case, 6, 7, 8 tomorrow :cold:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
goony/WAF what are some good 3rd year maths/phys/EE subjects? im thinking of taking one or two and not going to the labs,

spence

HSC
Finished :)
edit: welcome back chad and bek

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The only third year maths subject I can recommend is MATH3968 (Measure Theory and Fourier Analysis). It looks at defining integrals in a different way, and compared to the other advanced units I've done is actually doable and interesting.

Units I'd categorically not recommend because they were just utterly opaque to me when doing them are MATH3961, whatever the complex analysis one is (MATH3969 I think) and MATH3962 (which I'm studying for at the moment and is terrible).

EE subjects when I've done them have been auto fail if you don't attend the labs (found that out the hard way), and they're just beyond fucking difficult as well.

EDIT: If you want easy marks you're better off taking on some third year IT subjects.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
EE subjects when I've done them have been auto fail if you don't attend the labs (found that out the hard way), and they're just beyond fucking difficult as well.
Haha really? Did you get failed cause you didnt attend the labs, or because you didnt kno 'bout stuff cuz u didnt attend them

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Hmm, just waiting to see if I've passed everything now. :)

In rural Vic, have made my way through 6 books since Sunday, still waiting to come back to civilisation next Tues...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Haha really? Did you get failed cause you didnt attend the labs, or because you didnt kno 'bout stuff cuz u didnt attend them
Well I got 24 so I'd say a little from column a, and a little from column b.

This was a second year subject though and I put no effort into it whatsoever. If you enjoy elec stuff you might find it better.

EDIT: Third year IT subjects you can get decent marks in without any tears: COMP3520, INFO3504, INFO3402.

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
So is it even possible just to do 1 or 2 subjects per semester? I get some stupid error about not having enough CP for a year

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
not really any easy EE subjects, the closest i can think of are:

elec3610 (only do this if you've done info2120 though, you need databases knowledge)
elec4706, project management
elec3702, management for engos (2-3 hour seminar each week...no roll is marked after week 3 or 4 i think)

first 2 are in first sem, last one is in 2nd sem. Only elec3702 is a core subject for EE.

I'll agree with waf and say do some 3rd year IT subjects. Also:

Well I got 24 so I'd say a little from column a, and a little from column b.

This was a second year subject though and I put no effort into it whatsoever. If you enjoy elec stuff you might find it better.

EDIT: Third year IT subjects you can get decent marks in without any tears: COMP3520, INFO3504, INFO3402.
you've done info3504 right? how was it? I'm thinking of taking either that or comp2007 next year 2nd semester (can't do those 2 now because of epic timetable clashes...well actually i'm thinking about doing comp2007 now and dropping elec5619, i'm not sure i can hack 3 project intensive subjects this semester).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
not really any easy EE subjects, the closest i can think of are:

elec3610 (only do this if you've done info2120 though, you need databases knowledge)
elec4706, project management
elec3702, management for engos (2-3 hour seminar each week...no roll is marked after week 3 or 4 i think)

first 2 are in first sem, last one is in 2nd sem. Only elec3702 is a core subject for EE.

I'll agree with waf and say do some 3rd year IT subjects. Also:

you've done info3504 right? how was it? I'm thinking of taking either that or comp2007 next year 2nd semester (can't do those 2 now because of epic timetable clashes...well actually i'm thinking about doing comp2007 now and dropping elec5619, i'm not sure i can hack 3 project intensive subjects this semester).
The course itself was pretty decent. It was interesting, based around concurrency and some similar stuff to COMP3520. There also SQL optimisations which take a little while to get your head around but that'll be about the hardest thing there.

I fucked up by doing no work all semester, missing 2 of the 4 quizzes, only did half the assignment (did the optimisation, but not the documentation for it, funnily enough got full marks for the part I did and one of the top couple of speeds in the class) but still pulled 90+% in the exam based on 6 hours of cramming (it was open book). The lecturer also has a pretty good idea what he's on about.

Algorithms is also pretty worthwhile if you haven't done any graph theory before. What's your degree anyway?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)