Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
oh why the sudden change? :eek: and oh cool you're doing cosc. Also how is MATH2961 assignment going along?

hey i'm doing that as well :p
There are a lot of reasons. It's a decision that I've wanted to make for a very long time, although I just didn't have enough faith in my abilities to even imagine that I could have a career in maths/physics until recently.

It's alright... I think I can do everything up to question four, and I'm just about to starting reading that part on direct sums/projections. Gonna try and finish it tonight.

A few people have recommended 2988 but I don't think I'll have enough space for it next semester :(.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
There are a lot of reasons. It's a decision that I've wanted to make for a very long time, although I just didn't have enough faith in my abilities to even imagine that I could have a career in maths/physics until recently.

It's alright... I think I can do everything up to question four, and I'm just about to starting reading that part on direct sums/projections. Gonna try and finish it tonight.

A few people have recommended 2988 but I don't think I'll have enough space for it next semester :(.
ah interesting

I hardly started because of stats but I'm hoping to get more done in next 3 days :)

For me, it was either I was gonna choose 2988 or 2968 and I chose 2988 because it sounds interesting but if I get sick of computers (my other units have comp labs as well D: ) then there might be a possibility of changing to 2968...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ah interesting

I hardly started because of stats but I'm hoping to get more done in next 3 days :)

For me, it was either I was gonna choose 2988 or 2968 and I chose 2988 because it sounds interesting but if I get sick of computers (my other units have comp labs as well D: ) then there might be a possibility of changing to 2968...
pokka, what are you majoring in? :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
applied maths and financial math or stats
That's awesome :) You'd have some really interesting job options with your study I reckon. I bolded one that I think someone might approve of greatly :p Though tread your own path to greatness and all the jazz.

Even though I really want to major in MBLG, I'm scared MBLG1901 will eat my soul. If not that, maybe something like Immunobiology.

HSC
mblg is gandalf apparently ( you shall not pass) but idk...

@pokka i heard 2968 was much harder compared to 2988 lols

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
ah interesting

You owe me for saving you time in stats :p

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
mblg is gandalf apparently ( you shall not pass) but idk...

@pokka i heard 2968 was much harder compared to 2988 lols
yeh true dat

That's awesome :) You'd have some really interesting job options with your study I reckon. I bolded one that I think someone might approve of greatly :p Though tread your own path to greatness and all the jazz.

Even though I really want to major in MBLG, I'm scared MBLG1901 will eat my soul. If not that, maybe something like Immunobiology.
haha gl with that :) was gonna mention that I'm currently suffering in stats now then Trebla posted that (kinda expected it coming from you tho and yeh yeh I know >_>) but apparently it gets better next sem and will be not as hardcore as it is now from what other people have said so hopefully it does X)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Naw, helpfulness. You should be able to call in a favour then of pokka :p

yeh true dat

haha gl with that :) was gonna mention that I'm currently suffering in stats now then Trebla posted that (kinda expected it coming from you tho and yeh yeh I know >_>) but apparently it gets better next sem and will be not as hardcore as it is now from what other people have said so hopefully it does X)
Do you have good stats lecturers? I'm quite the Shelton convert tbh, at start of sem we were doing really, really easy boring stuff and I was like meh, but having been to another lecturer's lectures made me appreciate Shelton a stackload. And hopefully second sem gets better :)

This thurs after the meat
For some reason it seems everywhere is having a onesie party now, Manning, Scary Canary etc., and many other themed parties people hijack as a onesie party :p

Is it sacrilege I don't own a onesie? (There's a onesie shop near where I live). If I ever get one, it'll be pikachu cause pikachu is kawaii :) (And would fit 90s themes too :p)

madharris

HSC
N/A
For some reason it seems everywhere is having a onesie party now, Manning, Scary Canary etc., and many other themed parties people hijack as a onesie party :p
It's getting cold and onesies are warm :)
(However clubbing/dancing in one really takes it's toll on you - get's really hot)

Is it sacrilege I don't own a onesie? (There's a onesie shop near where I live). If I ever get one, it'll be pikachu cause pikachu is kawaii :) (And would fit 90s themes too :p)
Naa it's not! It's only a sacrilege if don't want one!

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Do you have good stats lecturers? I'm quite the Shelton convert tbh, at start of sem we were doing really, really easy boring stuff and I was like meh, but having been to another lecturer's lectures made me appreciate Shelton a stackload. And hopefully second sem gets better :)
This for biostats? I think I might get him in 3rd yr stats. Now I have Uri and I guess he's alright except it's hard to understand him at times (maybe that's the fact the content is a little difficult) and can get a little boring but he's definitely better than my MATH1905 lecturer. My MATH1905 lecturer spoke in monotone, just read off the lecture slides, couldn't learn much from him and was pretty slack in marking the assignment and took away 7 marks because you didn't do it HIS way even though you got the answer required.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's getting cold and onesies are warm :)
(However clubbing/dancing in one really takes it's toll on you - get's really hot)

Naa it's not! It's only a sacrilege if don't want one!
I think they are practically a prereq for SciRevue camp lol.

This for biostats? I think I might get him in 3rd yr stats. Now I have Uri and I guess he's alright except it's hard to understand him at times (maybe that's the fact the content is a little difficult) and can get a little boring but he's definitely better than my MATH1905 lecturer. My MATH1905 lecturer spoke in monotone, just read off the lecture slides, couldn't learn much from him and was pretty slack in marking the assignment and took away 7 marks because you didn't do it HIS way even though you got the answer required.
Yep, good ole biostats. I'm sure someone could sing his praises more :p

Ohh Uri is the danish guy yeah? And bolded part, that's tota slack, I thought the beauty of mathematics was that there were different methods to get answers. If you ever have Chan, she's super hard to understand because she talks so, so fast. Unfortunately from what I hear on the grapevine, the only cute usyd maths professor is pure maths :p

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
This thurs after the meat
srs? balls.

______

On a totally unrelated note, I handed in an assignment in week 4 and still haven't got marks back for it or anything since. Who do I complain to?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
srs? balls.

______

On a totally unrelated note, I handed in an assignment in week 4 and still haven't got marks back for it or anything since. Who do I complain to?
Not an issue if no-one else in that unit has received anything back either.

It isn't uncommon for nothing to get handed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)