Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: 2012 USYD Chatter Thread

Thats not unusual. If they aren't up during the first week then i'd be asking questions.
Last sem, one of my units didn't have one until week 2. Had no idea what the subject was about, and by the time people found out the ins and outs of the subject, it was too late to change and pick up another class.

Proteus

HSC

Saw an Easyway near the overpass / student services place

Was wondering if there's a Chatime nearby? :s Easyway's pearl milk teas are not as good as Chatimes imo!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Saw an Easyway near the overpass / student services place

Was wondering if there's a Chatime nearby? :s Easyway's pearl milk teas are not as good as Chatimes imo!
There's one in Broadway.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

lol, how do I find out where my lectures and stuff are?

(I know the room names, but like, geographically I'm fucked.)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Use the map?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Just have a look around. That's what everyone else does.

When you have spare time on campus on the first day, scope out all your lecture theatres and tutorial rooms.

Edit: I forgot to mention that many rooms in the university have a list outside the door which lists all the lectures and tutorials which are held in the room in a given week.

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Just have a look around. That's what everyone else does.

When you have spare time on campus on the first day, scope out all your lecture theatres and tutorial rooms.

Edit: I forgot to mention that many rooms in the university have a list outside the door which lists all the lectures and tutorials which are held in the room in a given week.
But like, I wanted to find out now, before I can't change my timetable, just in case I have to run the fuck across the entire uni.

izzy88

HSC

But like, I wanted to find out now, before I can't change my timetable, just in case I have to run the fuck across the entire uni.
Go and scope out where your class rooms are during o-week - just got in for a day and find where your classrooms are. Easy :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Looking at your timetable Riproot:

Eastern Avenue Auditorium is obvious. It's that huge thing that you see when you're walking down Eastern Avenue. Walking down City Rd, it's on your right.

Carslaw 359 is on Level 3 of Carslaw, on the far right (on the side closest the the city). Carslaw 360 is right next door.

Madsen 331 is in that nice building opposite Eastern Avenue Auditorium. On Eastern Avenue's left (coming from City Road). Madsen isn't that large, so you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

I have no idea where shit is in the Chem school.

And I have no fucking idea where Slade or Link are.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Go and scope out where your class rooms are during o-week - just got in for a day and find where your classrooms are. Easy :)
Yeah, that's the plan and I figured out that all my classes are close by anyone. The furthest away is in the physics school (slade).
No idea where link is.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking at your timetable Riproot:

Eastern Avenue Auditorium is obvious. It's that huge thing that you see when you're walking down Eastern Avenue. Walking down City Rd, it's on your right.

Carslaw 359 is on Level 3 of Carslaw, on the far right (on the side closest the the city). Carslaw 360 is right next door.

Madsen 331 is in that nice building opposite Eastern Avenue Auditorium. On Eastern Avenue's left (coming from City Road). Madsen isn't that large, so you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

I have no idea where shit is in the Chem school.

And I have no fucking idea where Slade or Link are.
Thanks bby.

Searching slade I think it's in the physics school.
Searching link I think I'm fucked.

jet

Banned
HSC

Thanks bby.

Searching slade I think it's in the physics school.
Searching link I think I'm fucked.
You can click on the room names on your timetable for maps.

Slade is on the bottom floor of physics, about 1/3 of the way along from the entrance closest to Eastern Avenue.

Link is in Engineering. If you walk down underneath the bridge at PNR (I think it even has Peter Nicol Russell written on it) you'll get to a grass area and a really long walkway (Engineering Walk). Link is right next to the grass area. Timetable changes are also happening at Link so you'll have to find it one way or another.

Mr legend

HSC
Uni Grad

Is it possible to get from Wallace to PNR in 10 minutes or am I screwed?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Is it possible to get from Wallace to PNR in 10 minutes or am I screwed?
It's possible but could get a bit difficult during peak times. Is this Lecture to Lecture or Tute?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Just leave a bit earlier or arrive later.

melanieeee.

HSC
rafy i thought you graduated long long time ago.

i decided to rent a locker this semester. BIGGEST RIP OFF. i don't even think my high school locker rent hire cost that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)