Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Nebuchanezzar said:
They did that Herald offer last year. Keep up with the times jb_nc.

My flask of chemicals fell into the ice bath today, and mucked up my lovely little concoction. Boo! :( I asked if I got special considering if I cried and they said no. :(
??

There there.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

special stfu everyone. i'm distressed at my cruddy compound.

actually, it turned out ok at the end. Just a bit wet is all, and the dessicator should get rid of that. the lab instructor said (after a lengthy period of doodling over the page with curly arrows and such) that the extra solvent probably wouldn't make any difference.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

damnit IHPF, reveal yourself. I suspect that every Asian I see that I do not know is you these days. It's becoming quite a bother!

Edit: It is fun. Physical chemistry is a bitch though. Organic ftw.

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
damnit IHPF, reveal yourself. I suspect that every Asian I see that I do not know is you these days. It's becoming quite a bother!

Edit: It is fun. Physical chemistry is a bitch though. Organic ftw.
LOL. I'm having the same problem with all the redheads I see around uni. There are heaps more asians than redheads, though!

Physical? Organic? It's all the same to me. Please explain the difference Mr. Chemist.

Do you come in to uni on Fridays?

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Yes. Yes I do. I also have a pooey three hour break which will thankfully be broken up by a one hour third year bio lecture.

Physical is like...all to do with physics type stuff. You know, quantum chemistry, charges, fluorescence, thermodynamics, equilibriums and so on.

Organic is the chemistry of life, so everything from petrol to medicine to nail polish remover to biochemistry. It generally rocks, and instead of all the labs being based upon cruddy maths type things, it's based on a lab report, a yield, your technique of production and so on. It's so much fun! :D

edit: it's actually called a 'synthetic techniques' lab, so it's designed to train you to be a manufacturing chemist type person.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Neb: totally agree. Physical chemistry sucks the big one, organic chemistry is awesome.

Someone help me decide whether to start Latin next year or in third year.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I heard off a friend of mine that Latin was:

a) impossibly hard
b) shit

I heard off another friend that Latin was:

a) fun

So who knows. I'd get it out of the way though, because it sure as hell sounded shit imo.

HSC

I appreciate Latin! Ancient languages ftw!

Anyways I am SO stressed about this French comprehension test I have tomorrow. I am being tested on this piece of text called 'Le Rendez-vous'. I am all frenched out atm. :( Je suis triste.*

* I hope I said that right.

Last edited:

neafoo

HSC

instead of studying i played guitar, violin and bass all night.
*glares guiltily at gullivers travels.*

veridis

droog
HSC

pft scrabulous>music for procrastination, just ask the 700 words i have left to write for tomorrow.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Latin was my fave language in school, I might even take it up :eek:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
I appreciate Latin! Ancient languages ftw!

Anyways I am SO stressed about this French comprehension test I have tomorrow. I am being tested on this piece of text called 'Le Rendez-vous'. I am all frenched out atm. :( Je suis triste.*

* I hope I said that right.
Haha I did that last year.

Wow it feels like so long ago. Can't say I remember anything, except that the story is really convoluted.

Anywho, I've finished my visual arts process diary so I can go to bed. Except I need to unwind first. *eats m&ms*
Damn early start at work tomorrow.

Empath

HSC

Anyone else doing math1005 getting a feeling of impending doom for the next quiz? =(

In other news.. I heard that the Bachelor of Arts (Digital Technology & Culture) is getting cancelled, anyone heard about that? :eek:

HSC

Empath said:
Anyone else doing math1005 getting a feeling of impending doom for the next quiz? =(
Yes!! I feel it too, and I felt it too for the last quiz.

Yes and scarybunny the story does not make sense. I mean mannequins and 'dead' children? Wtf?!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Empath said:
In other news.. I heard that the Bachelor of Arts (Digital Technology & Culture) is getting cancelled, anyone heard about that? :eek:
Yep, says on the UAC website that it's cancelled. Plus the ARIN junior courses aren't running in 2008, so looks like they're winding up the department as well.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Lol. I failed my bio mid semester test. :( But got a distinction for my speech. :D I think they were both of equal weight. :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
YES! HOW DARE HE HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THE MURDERED!
Refusing to use the term 'sudden death' is hardly equivalent to having sympathy for the murdered.

Apparently a HSTY unit next year dealing directly with the middle ages can't be crosslisted to Medieval Studies. Mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)