Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Nebuchanezzar said:
There's a lot of offhand comments thrown about in my essay because there was no room. Perhaps I should email Dr. Stevie and let him have it. :mad1:

What font do you people use? I assume that Malfoy was using Arial? I use Palatino Linotype most of the time but for this one I went Book Antiqua for something different. I was gonna use Garamond but it printed out very lightly so I didn't. Talking about fonts is fun!
lol. I just use Times New Roman. Sometimes arial if i need to conserve paper because it seems to be more compact.

edit: 2, 464 words and that's as edited down as i can get it while still sounding intelligent.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Malfoy said:
Beta version of Word plus being PDF-ed, yeah it looks funny. It doesn't look funny on the original.

I've finished the second of my courses (yay for no exams!) and I'm writing up a subject review. Neb, if you're continuing with English I really think you'd like this course (and I did, too).
Hoorah. I look foward to reading it. So many of the senior English courses look like so much fun, but they way they alternate between years kinda annoys me a bit. I hope that the tutorial sizes go down a bit in senior classes too...do they?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Heh for my english course this semester there were up to 35 people in the tute.

Reason being the english dept didnt get their shit together until after semester started, so they cancelled a class and most people didn't want to change, so they just went to the class straight after.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

My archaeology essay is crap and I can't find an argument. *sob* I think I might have to take tomorrow off and eat the late penalty, because there's no way this will be even slightly acceptable by tonight.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Times New Roman sucks balls. That Claibri thing looks a bit suss to me. Apple Garamond (a free download from many places) is pretty sexy. Pity no-one has Optima for a free download. That'd give me multiple orgasms.

That concludes my boring foray into the world of fonts for this thread. I'm sorry. :(

owned

HSC

Who thought that there could be so much debate over fonts? Let alone how sexy they were? This isn't used for essays but I love the one called 'Beyond Wonderland' :eek:

Hello there you sexy font, you.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Who thought that there could be so much debate over fonts? Let alone how sexy they were? This isn't used for essays but I love the one called 'Beyond Wonderland' :eek:

Hello there you sexy font, you.
http://www.dafont.com/beyond-wonderland.font

If you used that in an essay I'm pretty sure you'd get a 0 lol

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Yeah I know. I was talking apart from essays. It's pretty hawt.
i submit all my assessments in comic sans ms. in fact i love it so much i had it put on my grandfather's gravestone.

HSC

^ LOL. I'm a Times New Roman (size 12) sort of girl (not really, only use it so that it saves me the fuss of choosing what to use).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

hey, people who remember things: where do we get cover sheets and other such business for our eduf1019 essays?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Main entry level of ed building, over near the lifts. That little officey type area.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

You can get the cover sheets off the edfac website. I think it's in the forms section or something like that.

jb_nc said:
You're a bitch. If there's a meetup someday and you're there, I'm gonna smash you, lol.

Not really, I'm physically weak, lol.

:(

---

IHPF said:
Jim, you nerd.
Nothing nerdy about comparing fonts. I implore you all to discover the wonders of Palatino Linotype. As I said, it's awesomely outrageous and will send your body into convulsions.

I downloaded a font from a website called 'old type faces' which looks pretty much like the font they use in those old journals you find on the internet. To compare, one of these I typed up in this font, the other is a screenshot of the journal itself.

Pretty damn similar. My theory is that a marker from the English department will grade me higher if I use the old style font because they'll believe they're reading a real journal article. Yeah?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Would you like me to give you the Optima font set?

HSC

Nah I'm a font nerd too. :eek: There's nothing to be ashamed of...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

and yet you use Times New Roman? You bring shame to the world of font nerds.

gtfo.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

If it works then you're my hero. :eek:

EDIT: Hoorah!

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

a mate of mine got marked down for using calibri for his law essay, instead of times new roman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)