• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
planning to have a productive day. make some psych, history and HPSC notes sometime before the weekend is out. might even do some readings.

gogogogogogo

lala2

Banned
HSC
Woot. Worked a nice, easy shift this morning--8:30 to 1pm. Now just sitting here, I've downloaded Audacity and am playing around with it. Need to get started on grad job applications but that can wait till I've played around with Audacity a bit more :p

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Woot. Worked a nice, easy shift this morning--8:30 to 1pm. Now just sitting here, I've downloaded Audacity and am playing around with it. Need to get started on grad job applications but that can wait till I've played around with Audacity a bit more :p
oooer what are we recording with audacity?

i've got the most cheapskate recording setup...audacity + a microphone taken from guitar hero. I guess it's miles better than the built-in microphone in my zen.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Nah, not recording anything with Audacity. Just trying to edit out my favourite segments from songs and see if I can mesh them together into one extended "favourites" piece.

megaforcetkd

HSC
hello fellow brahs (and ... whoever else is in here). new here and just droppin in to say hi :)

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
i want to go to snowball. but curfew is so lame i doubt it'd be worth it for only a few hours :(

are there still tickets going for it?

kokodamonkey

HSC
I survived work yesterday. it sucked coz the last 2hours was just like after we had closed ( i originally thought we were staying open later). So it involved like neating things up etc. which isn't fun. and im going to have to go through that again today coz im working til 7 (Store closes at 5). so i hope i somehow survive!

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
anyone going to snowball?
yeah, it's a maybe for me(cause G.I. Joe is out that day and I may want to watch that instead depending if a lot of my friends are going, if I don't go, I got a free ticket to giveaway to the coolest BOS member of HSC '08 here)

If I do go, it won't be too hard to find me, cause I'll be that awesome dude with the flashing T-shirt :p

anyways, this question goes out to any older usyder here, what was Snowball like in past years?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Still playing around with Audacity and loving it :D also downloaded a lot of old Microsoft games which is not a good thing--Chip's Challenge, Rodent's Revenge, TriPeaks, JezzBall anyone? Other than that, the only productive thing I've gotten done is started writing my cover letter. How's this for starters?

lala2's cover letter said:
I am currently in my final semester of a Bachelor of Pharmacy at the University of Sydney. Having worked in community pharmacy for two years, I have developed extensive knowledge of over-the-counter medications, as well as customer service skills. My strong communication skills are demonstrated in both my job as a student ambassador for the University, as well as the various voluntary roles I have undertaken.

I have also developed skills in handling delicate situations. As part of a professional practice subject, I interviewed members from the Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW. In the most recent July holidays, I sat in on patient consultations at the Riverlands Drug & Alcohol Clinic in Lismore. During this time, I was also able to participate in a consultation involving a former drug user at the Natural Medicines Clinic in Lismore, a division of Southern Cross University. Last semester, as part of the Faculty of Pharmacy’s Blooms Business Skills Program, I undertook a module in retail management. This was a solid introduction to the operation and management of a pharmacy business, and I am looking forward to exploring this further, both in this semester’s module, and the pharmacy management subject I am currently undertaking.
Also will be haunting the UAC website--can't wait for applications to open up. Preferences at this stage will be (in order):

1. B.Sc.(USYD)
2. B.Sc./B.A.(USYD)
3. B.Med.Sc.(USYD)

Yep, you can't tear me away from this place :eek:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
you might want to be B Sc/B A above plain sci because it gives you more options plus you can drop the arts component at any time

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Snowball is always only as good/bad as the people you're attending it with and how you're feeling at the time. Haven't decided whether I'll be going again this year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Still playing around with Audacity and loving it :D also downloaded a lot of old Microsoft games which is not a good thing--Chip's Challenge, Rodent's Revenge, TriPeaks, JezzBall anyone? Other than that, the only productive thing I've gotten done is started writing my cover letter. How's this for starters?

Also will be haunting the UAC website--can't wait for applications to open up. Preferences at this stage will be (in order):

1. B.Sc.(USYD)
2. B.Sc./B.A.(USYD)
3. B.Med.Sc.(USYD)

Yep, you can't tear me away from this place :eek:
You've spent 4 years doing Pharmacy just to do a 3 year BSc at the end of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)