Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
aha! You are now a mod! I thought you might be. Or were you already when I left? I can't remember.

ayway

*waves*

Oh and I hate essays.
I miss ujuphleg. She was so comforting and helpful in times of university panic.

Not like that ice cold Rafy!

:wave:

melanieeee.

HSC
You want them to remark the one they already remarked? That's just desperate, they upped your mark by 10 percent, be happy with that, they won't all of a sudden give you an extra 10 percent on top!
yeah i know. but one of the main reasons why i asked for a remark in the first place is that i believed they had used criteria which was not in par with the criteria stated in the UoS outline. the person who remarked my paper was a tutor of the subject who has also used the same criteria as the first marker. both have stated that my paper does not show the cross cultural differences and that my arguments are too generic. all the arguments i have used are from HR models and theories. the UoS states that we will be marked on the basis of "reference of IHRM models, theories and research" and states nothing about cross cultural differences. i was not marked on this nor a lot of the other criteria in the UoS outlines. it doesn't even state it in the question! (the question asked to "write a report detailing and justifying appropriate training... that will prepare managers for their assignments" and that is what i did). the only difference is that my first marker wrote that i had "limited use of academic references", "fails to engage in... critical evaluation", "informal at times", "not correctly referenced" where as my remarked paper states that "number of references you have cited [is] enough", "organizing units of the essay reflects the critical thinking ability of the student", "very well written. the language used is appropriate and structurally correct, and the arguments flow easily", "very well presented. referencing also correct". the remark had not addressed my primary concern. i believe i have done everything the second marker has said plus everything else which was included in the UoS outline noting that cross cultural differences is not in the UoS outline. and if i do get a worse off mark i would have known that i have been marked fairly in accordance with what was stated in the UoS.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
holy shit!

highest mark in the organic chem workshops - 90 HD

yay i beat everyone!

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Went to World Square Bar for the first time last night. What do people think of their cocktails? I only took two but didn't think much of them--vodka cranberry too strong, vodka sunrise you couldn't even taste the alcohol.

HSC
Went to World Square Bar for the first time last night. What do people think of their cocktails? I only took two but didn't think much of them--vodka cranberry too strong, vodka sunrise you couldn't even taste the alcohol.
yeah um no world bar remains da best club in the cross

teapots a++ for value and taste

lala2

Banned
HSC
Last exam tomorrow ever! (hopefully) Can't wait--new job starts 14th Dec! :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
finally, you can be free to put labels on packets

lala2

Banned
HSC
True that, but it's not as bad in hospital as in community. My preceptor was chatting to me the other day about how he'd start me in dispensary, because unfortunately that's still the way of things, but later I'd get to do a bit of clinical stuff and so forth so yeah. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)