Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
hey bazookajoe

were you one of them faggots who kept calling out dumb shit in the lecture today?

"OH WELL MEBBE ITS THE CONTEXT THAT MATTERS! IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH THE CONTEXT!"

douches
i am so one of those douches... sometimes... only when i want to me annoying or make a decent point :eek:

cool story.
i'm so not ready for uni tomorrow
HI! how was the trip?????

oh you've already said. cool :)

Best part was when some guy said sexual abuse is mental abuse but not physical abuse and I was just thinking ohhhhhhhh shit's goin' down now but no feminists in the room I guess.
feminists are great

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
guess we can't choose groups for comp3615.

Waf what did you end up preferencing? haha in retrospect maybe it would've been helpful to have met you beforehand or something.
Bioinformatics with Dr Charleston, and so did the dude who I did preference swap with so fingers crossed I get it. You could have, idk, come up and said hi.

Hahaha also on the student political front: kokodamonkey rocks up to liberal club agm last night having added 30 stacks to the membership list to try and steal the meeting and leaves in tears. My highest possible commendation to rafy who stood with the rest of us in telling the captain insane-o hard right to get fucked.

kokodamonkey

HSC
the trip was amazing, i loved it.
you assume correctly about textbooks. i know one of them is the same as last semester, so that's a start. and i don't think i need many this sem
what are you meant to be doing for german this semester?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i didn't leave in tears.
Not what I heard. You'd do well to remember who your real friends are, Chad, and which two people made the phone calls to save your fucking skin from a Josh/Jess led expulsion motion at the end of last year.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Bioinformatics with Dr Charleston, and so did the dude who I did preference swap with so fingers crossed I get it. You could have, idk, come up and said hi.

Hahaha also on the student political front: kokodamonkey rocks up to liberal club agm last night having added 30 stacks to the membership list to try and steal the meeting and leaves in tears. My highest possible commendation to rafy who stood with the rest of us in telling the captain insane-o hard right to get fucked.
i don't think i saw you there, or maybe i'm thinking of the wrong bos member's pictures (i haven't actually seen any of you irl)

i picked dr charleston's one as one of my preferences, but not one of my top ones.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
OoOoOoOoOoH student politic bickering in the USyd chatter thread!

How does one defeat a stack if they have legitimate membership though?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
OoOoOoOoOoH student politic bickering in the USyd chatter thread!

How does one defeat a stack if they have legitimate membership though?
The meeting would have rejected them en bloc had it been put to a vote (which it should have been) on the basis that they were all submitted by the same person in the same handwriting and some with misspelled or entirely incorrect surnames. Even with all those stacks accepted, David Clarke as the chair and six months preparation, Chad and his fascist friends fell well short and didn't secure a single exec position.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Uni is still awesome so far, this semester appears far more promising in terms of interesting content. Microbio and genetics looks challenging but extrememly fascinating, already learned a lot today. And my new friend also dropped from liberal studies to science this sem and does all of my subjects, hahaha.

spence

HSC
Uni was good today, my 2 lectures were both interesting enough, and just found out one class has a take home exam
what are you meant to be doing for german this semester?
The A2 book I think. We don't have classes till next week though

kokodamonkey

HSC
Not what I heard. You'd do well to remember who your real friends are, Chad, and which two people made the phone calls to save your fucking skin from a Josh/Jess led expulsion motion at the end of last year.
I thank you for your help justin and i was prepared to support you for president earlier. but i just dont think that the same people that have done nothing for the last 12months should be allowed to continue to do nothing.

i seriously hope the club improves from this day forward and has active events and engages the university committee, rather than the pathetic existance its had for the last year. And if it doesn't, i won't be putting 30ppl in, i'll be putting 100in. and i'll be making they all show up. as legitimate members. and then you can be president justin! Nebz for VP.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
cocko the faggot said:
and then you can be president justin! Nebz for VP.
That was uncalled for you cunt. Go run out of some douche liberal meeting and cry some more, baby. U want a nappy? Baby?

kekekekeke

nah but srsly wanna b friends?

u liberals need 2 keep ur fiting out of mah USyd threads aight? We're not a partisan society here.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I feel so disorganised and I don't even start class till tomorrow. I guess it's because it's my first semester where I don't start on a Monday, there's no readers to buy, and my goings in and out are so infrequent and random I can't even buy a FlexiPass for the whole semester. Also faced with the prospect of entertaining myself on a day off--scouring through volunteering websites now. I think this will be the most unconventional semester ever.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
love my subjects this sem, with of course, the exception of maths.

particularly love that history and philosophy of science is so not science in any way, shape or form, but still counts for science units

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
love my subjects this sem, with of course, the exception of maths.

particularly love that history and philosophy of science is so not science in any way, shape or form, but still counts for science units
Because there's nothing quite like paying National Priority band fees for what is basically an arts subject.

Will be crashing some of Bek's HPSC lectures this semster (most likely on Mondays and Tuesdays), so I might see some of you around (aside from Bek). I'm slowly infiltrating the USyd science faculty. Crashing lectures this semester, cross institutional study next year...

And before any of you mention it, no, I'm not considering transferring. I'm only inflitrating USyd because UTS doesn't have HPSC subjects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)