Semester 2 Chatter Thread 2014. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
For me it's because their junior units seem so poorly run/organised (Human Bio last semester was hugely frustrating), and lecture quality is all over the place. Particularly in comparison with all my other units.

Edit: Almost everyone is individually nice, though.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
@passion sorry I didn't get to say hi fri near JFR. You walked past while I was already having a brief convo with someone while my friend was waiting to grab noms and if I said hi to you, everything would take forever because I'd want to chat

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
@passion sorry I didn't get to say hi fri near JFR. You walked past while I was already having a brief convo with someone while my friend was waiting to grab noms and if I said hi to you, everything would take forever because I'd want to chat
All good. I had to run off to my applied anat class which turned out to be quite pointless (but interesting). ^__^ Was good to see you though. :D

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
So, had a chemistry lab yesterday. Totally messed up the experiment, fudged the results for half of it, and my demonstrator gave me full marks.

How the hell did that happen haha.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
So, had a chemistry lab yesterday. Totally messed up the experiment, fudged the results for half of it, and my demonstrator gave me full marks.

How the hell did that happen haha.
Cause they're careless when marking or they just don't care (eg: they care more about the fact that you understood the methods!) Just like how my friends would fudge references and intentionally make vague references and still get full marks for referencing... who knows....:blink2:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
For all he knew I may not have known the method; he didn't ask me any questions about it, he just looked at my book for 2 seconds and then marked me off haha.

Can't say that I was a big fan of practicals to start off with, I'm definitely not a practically orientated person. The theory is pretty good though, so I might do Chemistry 1B in Semester 2 next year and see if I can get an exemption from the lab.

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Long time no chat Dx hows everyone? :) and yea 1st yr practicals arent taken very seriously :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Did you all start at the same time + BOS, that you know each other?

Long time no chat Dx hows everyone? :) and yea 1st yr practicals arent taken very seriously :(
I only did Chem in semester 1, but I was docked marks in a prac because I showed my results to a pair who had stuffed up theirs (so they had no idea what was happening). Which is apparently a big no-no according to that TA. I thought that was pretty harsh for first semester first year. Meh.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I only did Chem in semester 1, but I was docked marks in a prac because I showed my results to a pair who had stuffed up theirs (so they had no idea what was happening). Which is apparently a big no-no according to that TA. I thought that was pretty harsh for first semester first year. Meh.
That's exactly what happened to me, except I was in the pair that stuffed up. And everyone still got full marks haha.

Luck of the draw I guess.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh meh. I am so over uni ~ hahahaha. I believe your ANAT pracs are after mine on Tuesdays so if you see me hovering around Anderson Stuart come say hi! :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
Just officially applied for honours after being pressured into doing it by the honours coordinator...
Don't know if i'm dumb, stupid or just crazy... let's be honourst hahahahahaha...
Probably all 3 of them :p

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hahahaha. If only we can bring vodka into the exams. All the best, MadH. :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just officially applied for honours after being pressured into doing it by the honours coordinator...
Don't know if i'm dumb, stupid or just crazy... let's be honourst hahahahahaha...
Probably all 3 of them :p
Great to see the deed is done.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Great to see the deed is done.
Such a long progress. I literally thought it was gonna be like
"Click apply"
"Confirm uni key"
Dun.

But nooooooooo.

And also, if I'm applying for a scholarship do I have to buy my transcript if they say that I need it? :(
I have no monies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
if you're applying for a usyd scholarship, the scholarship office can access your transcript.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I burnt my right hand because the lid of the coffee cup came loose. :(

Still can write tho ~ good thing or bad? :/

Last edited:

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, when does mid semester break start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)