Semester 2 Chatter Thread 2014. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

all recorded live! ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
hope stuvac is going ok for everyone.

if you're wanting some (free) drinks to (not) help with the study, I'm running the SURG awards night tonight from 6pm at hermanns

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How's SURG been going anyway?

Congrats on VP.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Out of the 6 chemistry topics I have (2 subjects - 3 topics each), only 1 has given solutions to past papers and only for 2 years...=/

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Out of the 6 chemistry topics I have (2 subjects - 3 topics each), only 1 has given solutions to past papers and only for 2 years...=/
Don't know about you, but from my experience, that's generally an indication that they repeat some of the exam questions.

antheung

HSC
N/A
For two of the units of study that I'm doing this semester, I have no past exams/sample exams at all :frown2:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
For two of the units of study that I'm doing this semester, I have no past exams/sample exams at all :frown2:
that goes for most 2nd/3rd year maths subjects

(and math3078/math3978 they redesigned the whole course so they don't really have any past papers which would be of much use :/)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
How's SURG been going anyway?

Congrats on VP.

It's going really well. The Union asked us if we wanted to convert into a program (like Inter-faith week/o-week/etc) but we've decided not to because the power of the society would no longer remain with the society, but with a board of directors to elect all positions. Instead, they've offered us a tonne of extra funding and ways to make us more legit. And the uni keeps asking us to broadcast events for them so it's cool the station is becoming bigger than use the USU and more legitimate in the eyes of the university.

And my show won 3 awards tonight (best new show, best and weirdest show, 3rd place for best special interest show) so I'm pretty chuffed. disclaimer: I may have nominated it for third place best special interest but didn't expect to win the other two at all.

Must've been all those dramatic readings that got me good at the audio literature thing haha

antheung

HSC
N/A
that goes for most 2nd/3rd year maths subjects

(and math3078/math3978 they redesigned the whole course so they don't really have any past papers which would be of much use :/)
For PDEs, I'm just gonna re-do the tutorials (actually, do them for the first time, since I didn't have time due to assignments and quizzes). :frown2:

Did you hear any tips (official or unofficial) on how to prepare for the exam for PDEs? :frown2:

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
For PDEs, I'm just gonna re-do the tutorials (actually, do them for the first time, since I didn't have time due to assignments and quizzes). :frown2:

Did you hear any tips (official or unofficial) on how to prepare for the exam for PDEs? :frown2:
my tutor said that ben's part is mostly based on quiz and martina's part is tutorial 9-12 but don't take my word for it

antheung

HSC
N/A
my tutor said that ben's part is mostly based on quiz and martina's part is tutorial 9-12 but don't take my word for it
Based on the quiz ... meaning that I'll be tortured a second time :(

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone done concepts in biology?

How is it?

Especially if I haven't done HSC biology.
It's really chill compared to human biology

The pracs are nicely paced and not rushed

Danny is freaken awesome (although I think he's leaving DX)

But yea the content is concepts so pretty much no memorising.... and they go through things really slowly.... which is great if you just wanna put in time to HD maths... so yes.... potential HD if you put in a little effort (although I can't really talk cos I studied it a bit and only managed distinction Dx)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
just need another 2000 words on this essay and I'm good.

5k essays are THE WORST. You can't bs your way through those buggers

madharris

HSC
N/A
just need another 2000 words on this essay and I'm good.

5k essays are THE WORST. You can't bs your way through those buggers
well you can up to the 2.5k mark then you're like,

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
All finished uni for this year :).

So, decent break for me, and then start Summer School in about two months.

antheung

HSC
N/A
All finished uni for this year :).

So, decent break for me, and then start Summer School in about two months.
I'm so jealous - I have 3 exams next week!

What unit(s) of study will you be doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)