Semester 2 Timetable '06 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
I think geology is for his engineering course. INFS is commerce. INFS 1000 is the shittest unit, don't do it unless you have to.............or if you're "into" that kinda thing :s.

Lainee

HSC
:eek: They're out early this year! I haven't properly decided what I want to do yet... got a really good timetable though with Tues, Wed and Thu (perfect combination for me). Not going to keep it though unfortunately... not liking the combination of subjects.

emjayel

HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
This timetable is AWESOME. 9 til 5 on Tuesdays, 9 til 6 on Wednesdays. I won't attend that one lecture on Thursday, so it doesn't count.
Have pity on the poor suckers doing Primary ed, 9am lecture on Monday, which can't be moved. Tuesday sucks, and I've tried shuffling things around to move that Wednesday tutorial on to a different day to little avail, it'll only move to Wednesday or Friday afternoon...

View attachment 13111

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
There is a single annoying biochem lecture on Friday, which shall be promptly skipped if I decide to stay in biochem. Otherwise it's a pretty good timetable, very compact. An average of 26 hours for 33cp, with Friday and Monday afternoon off...not bad compared with 2005 semester 2 timetable of 30 hours and only a single Monday afternoon off.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Will ultimately be tweaked:

tennille

HSC
emjayel said:
Have pity on the poor suckers doing Primary ed, 9am lecture on Monday, which can't be moved. Tuesday sucks, and I've tried shuffling things around to move that Wednesday tutorial on to a different day to little avail, it'll only move to Wednesday or Friday afternoon...

View attachment 13111
If you look at the timetable unit at http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/, your tutorials are held only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Your Tuesday is already packed, so you're only left for Wednesdays and Thursdays. The Thursday tutorial is at 9am only, and you already have a workshop there. I suggest you move that EDUF1017 workshop to 12-2 on the Thursday, so you can move your tutorial to 9am on the Thursday. You may need to go to Madsen for this, as someone has already mentioned.

J

jhakka

Week 11 is the exam. Which is word processing. Which they actually show you how to do. And give you the slideshows with instructions on how to do it.

The government (or the Institute of Teachers) says that teachers need to be relatively computer literate. 11 weeks of classes where you know everything already seems like a fair way to get that qualification.

J

jhakka

Well you have to copy and paste from three different [fictional] articles, correct information, tense, etc, standardise the style, add a footer, add a relevant picture... and the date I think. Very straightforward. The only thing that was a bit challenging for me was familiarising myself with the Macs, but that took all of five minutes. ;)

J

jhakka

My group was on the Macs. The other group at the same time was on the PCs. 50/50 shot there. If you end up timetabled on the Mac one, just see if there's room in the PC group and clock on there. :)

J

jhakka

No idea. I think they want you to use their machines, though.

They run you through lots of fun stuff like how to use spreadsheets and databases too, by the way. We do step up from word processing, even if that is all that's in the exam.

J

jhakka

I know. It's pointless, really. But hey, it's a qualification to go with our degree. And it's easy.

If you've done IT stuff before you can show them your result and they can grant you exemption from classes, but not the test.

J

jhakka

Unless you have it on paper, there's not much you can do unfortunately. :(

Just think of it as a time to be the smartest person in the class. Funnily enough I was the only person in my group who knew anything about computers. Stupid Education people.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Yayyyy, I love my new timetable!!!

Check it...

Monday: Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Tuesday: 10 am-4 pm
Wednesday: 12 pm-5 pm
Thursday: 10 am-1 pm
Friday: FREE AGAIN!

4-day weekend is AWESOME.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm with one change its looking pretty nice:

Could potentially only have a 2 day week if i wanted.

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
Are you serious? I was just saying to Macccca, how can anyone under the age of 30 not just know these things?

/spends too much time on computers
//is an introverted geek
///this goes double for use of LiveJournal
It's beyond me, but then again I spend too much time on the Internets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)