Semester 2 Timetables, 2012 (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Haven't decided on subjects yet, but if I get 4 8am starts again, I'm going to change subjects just to avoid it

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Dropping the HSTY2685 mainly because I never wanted to do that damn subject anyway but need it fill in my units (with anything) so I can graduate, plus it has an exam and finally, it ruins my timetable. Happy to say the subject I wanted to do originally makes my timetable beautiful and doesn't have an exam.

Anyway, does anyone know who to speak to about enrolling in cross listed units? I want to do a USSC class as a HSTY unit... So, not sure if I speak to the HSTY department? Or.. since I'm doing a double degree (Arts/Edu), do I talk to the Education people? Or is it none of the above? Advise me please.

Attachments

Last edited:

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty happy with this! :)

How do I put a picture of the timetable on this instead of the attachment?

Attachments

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ARGH!

I've had my timetable set out for about 8 weeks like this:

AND I've checked for the timetable to go up everyday in the last week, and the one day I get home after the worst exam ever and crash at 2pm it goes up!

Not happy Jan.

So much for a four day timetable. :'(

I'm just gonna go to the things I want in the first week anyways and then HOPEFULLY get enrolled in them, because it's only two swaps and I assume they could fit one more person (and I'm small too!!) into that ENGG tut in the morning.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I did some fiddling and got this

So I guess it's the monday MBLG LAB that's full.

Which would make sense because they would fill from left to right on the timetable (I have no idea), and I only enrolled in it last week. :shy:

EDIT: FUCK!

If I wanted Wednesday I wanted the other LAB where the PRACs were 2, 4, 6, etc. and the tuts were 1, 3, 5, etc.

:frown2:

EDIT2: :haha: Chemistry Lecture Theatre to Civil Eng in 10 minutes? Challenge accepted.

EDIT3: What does this:

ENGG1802 Engineering Mechanics - The central timetable does not have reliable details for this unit of study, please consult the department.
mean?

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like a clash will be inevitable this semester.

Either I accept the clash or I can't complete my Geography major.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like a clash will be inevitable this semester.

Either I accept the clash or I can't complete my Geography major.
Totes devo.

Is it just a lecture clash or what?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Didn't want to do Financial Mathematics, would very much prefer Geometry and Topology.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yeah. Why were you even enrolled in financial? (I would usually write grose, but I probably prefer financial because I'm maths-retarded)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thought it would be good but upon studying ahead for it a bit, didn't like it too much.

izzy88

HSC
hey all just a quick question - say I get an allocated timetable now, if in a couple of weeks I then drop two subjects and pick up one (that has no class), will I need to get a new timetable? or can I just stick with the one I have (and just not attend the two subjects I dropped)? Thanks :)

I know in the past when I have dropped a subject I haven't need to re-allocate my timetable, but I'm not sure if the same thing can work if I then pick one up (even if it has no class).

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
hey all just a quick question - say I get an allocated timetable now, if in a couple of weeks I then drop two subjects and pick up one (that has no class), will I need to get a new timetable? or can I just stick with the one I have (and just not attend the two subjects I dropped)? Thanks :)

I know in the past when I have dropped a subject I haven't need to re-allocate my timetable, but I'm not sure if the same thing can work if I then pick one up (even if it has no class).
Once you have officially changed your subjects using myuni, just go in and "check" your timetable. It will probably be the same, minus your classes...

But it may have changed (for example):
-Due to the lecture/tutorial you are currently in being at capacity and you were only in it because your previous subjects conflicted with the less full ones. So with the freeing of that space, you may be automatically assigned to a less full group.

If that happens you can edit your timetable with unavailablities and hope to return to your previous setting.

izzy88

HSC
Once you have officially changed your subjects using myuni, just go in and "check" your timetable. It will probably be the same, minus your classes...

But it may have changed (for example):
-Due to the lecture/tutorial you are currently in being at capacity and you were only in it because your previous subjects conflicted with the less full ones. So with the freeing of that space, you may be automatically assigned to a less full group.

If that happens you can edit your timetable with unavailablities and hope to return to your previous setting.
Thanks. There is only one subject I have to worry about different streams (all my others are just set lectures/no choice).

As a side note, surely making the timetable not open up until 10am will just increase strain on the system when 10am comes around. Hopefully it won't overload again! :)

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Thanks. There is only one subject I have to worry about different streams (all my others are just set lectures/no choice).

As a side note, surely making the timetable not open up until 10am will just increase strain on the system when 10am comes around. Hopefully it won't overload again! :)
It most likely won't change.

Haha, their servers are so crappy around these times. Took me about 300 refreshes to make my first timetable... then I wanted to change it so took me another 200 refreshes.

And yup, 10am, server busy :)

jet

Banned
HSC

When you change your enrolment your timetable becomes invalid and you have to collect a new one. It could change but it might not. If you've blocked off any time then it should remember which times you've blocked off (it remembered mine from last semester).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)