• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
can we all do sci revue on thurs together??

jrod is anyone good in queer?
I'll try for thurs
But I have uni at like 8am the next day so I'll have to leave str8 after
And if you buy tickets remember Lana is coming as well ~~~~~

I dunno.
I hope Ben Tang is in it. ;)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll text you before ticket buying. Sci is next week, yeah?

And Med/queer are both this week does that mean you'll be at uni sometime this week to see it?? (it being queer). I don't think Hugh is going to let me go to med because of ~reasons~
wait, he isn't ~letting~ you go?
You're a strong, independent woman, he can't tell you what to do!

I'll try ~~~~

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Or are there other raisins?
~~~~~~~~~~
"The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!"

Anyway, anyone here who's doing math1005, do we have to know the poisson, binomial, exponential, uniform, normal, t, and chi squared distros or just binomial, normal, t and chi squared?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
This will be the sixth fifth time we have started our MATH3968 homework on the night before the tutorial, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
This will be the sixth fifth time we have started our MATH3968 homework on the night before the tutorial, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
Lab summaries are made to be done the night before/morning of. #doinguniversityright

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Lab summaries are made to be done the night before/morning of. #doinguniversityright
What did you end up doing your summary on? Mine was the Rat, the Rattus norvegicus vs. Flathead Fish, the Platycephalus caeruleopunctatus ~ Digestive System aka Alimentary System. :p And because we couldn't use other materials I found myself repeating everything and just comparing and contrasting rather than making inferences without references. :(

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What did you end up doing your summary on? Mine was the Rat, the Rattus norvegicus vs. Flathead Fish, the Platycephalus caeruleopunctatus ~ Digestive System aka Alimentary System. :p And because we couldn't use other materials I found myself repeating everything and just comparing and contrasting rather than making inferences without references. :(
Rofl I did the exact same one. Uncanny (Consider there were five organisms and three systems to look at). Sounded like a primary schooler, I was like "The rat has a bigger caecum because of a more hebivorous diet than the carnivorous fish".

You should have read mine, haha I'm sure your was much better as I did mine very fast (I did do pics with scale bars though).

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Rofl I did the exact same one. Uncanny (Consider there were five organisms and three systems to look at). Sounded like a primary schooler, I was like "The rat has a bigger caecum because of a more hebivorous diet than the carnivorous fish".

You should have read mine, haha I'm sure your was much better as I did mine very fast (I did do pics with scale bars though).
Mine was... "After careful dissection of the Flathead fish's stomach three smaller fishes were found in which only one had been partially broken down. With the lack of teeth needed to break down their food in initial mastication like that of humans blah blah blah" so yes, you're one would be better. I wrote that some rats had a varied diet because I saw them eat flesh in a movie once ~ yes, not a great source of information - I would love to see the face of the person marking my lab summary. :p

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Come to SciRevue guise :D
LHS is in it, everyone should come watch! :)

We're probably going on the friday :D
PM passionxmusic if you want to go :)
http://community.boredofstudies.org/member.php?u=1610929559
You can buy your tickets online: http://www.2013.sciencerevue.com/ ~ Tickets are $16 for those with Access, $20 for students and $25 for adults. ^___^
The event starts @ 7pm and the dates the show goes on stage is Thursday 12th, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th. :p
COME SUPPORT LHS!! :D

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
damn...not sure if i can go Friday or not. if I do then I have to rush to get there :S

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Can we please please do Thursday OPENING NIGHT YAY. Please? I'm queer revuing on the Fri and have another thing on the Sat
Umm... I am free Thursday and Friday... Not too sure with MadHarris and Aysce though. :S

@pokka: would you be able to do Thurs? :)

Edit: MadHarris is free on Thursday and Aysce says there is possibility he would come on Thursday (75%). :)

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
yep I can go with you guys on thursday :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
yep I can go with you guys on thursday :)
So we're all going on Thurs? YAY!! :) Umm, so who needs tickets?

@LHS: will there be scirevue members near Manning etc. selling tickets this Friday? :p

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Could you buy me a ticket on Access? (I can pm you my access no if you like) and I can give you the money on the day :)
I have an Access card :) unless of course there is a one ticket at Access price per card holder policy ~ :S. LHS can you confirm this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)