Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well it looks like we'll all be back to the daily grind soon, so what better than to open our Chatter Thread for the upcoming semester. Welcome back to our current students and those who will be commencing their studies at USYD for the first time.

Just a word of warning:

This thread serves as a general discussion thread for USYD students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Best wishes,

OzKo

zxreth

HSC
Can't wait to get back. Looking forward to the first half of this sem :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't wait to get back. Looking forward to the first half of this sem :D
What's the difference between the first half and the second half?

math man

HSC
N/A
looks like this will be most intense semester for me yet, 5 adv maths subjs, 2 3rd yr ones, looks like i wont be on forums or going out for 4 months

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
BoS'ing on those massive screens in Fisher at the moment.

So awesome.

izzy88

HSC
There's a new (ish- not sure how new it actually is), Sydney Uni app. USYD appears to be spamming me with advertising for it all over Facebook.

It seems to work pretty well so far - it includes blackboard so you can check units on webct (seems to work better for me than the actual blackboard app), as well as quick links to library catalogue and a Uni staff directory.

I'm off to campus now but first class isn't tomorrow. I really wish I had a longer holiday, not sure I'm ready to go back to Uni quite yet :( on a good note, this is my second last semester!

izzy88

HSC
Anyone know anywhere on campus where there is functioning Internet? I
I know fisher and law school are down. The library's are freaking out (appears to be also affecting loans etc). Great first day back for USYD lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Revue season :p
I dropped out of queer revue. :frown2:

I just don't have the time. :(

I'm off to campus now but first class isn't tomorrow. I really wish I had a longer holiday, not sure I'm ready to go back to Uni quite yet :( on a good note, this is my second last semester!
Know that feel.

I had like one week of holidays because of Chem/Physics/UMAT/Diff Calc. :frown2:

I just want to sleep. :(

I know fisher and law school are down. The library's are freaking out (appears to be also affecting loans etc). Great first day back for USYD lol
Carslaw worked for me for about 10 minutes and then had a spaz.

And my phone's internet was being shit too (probably because everyone was using their phones). :/

Also, first day back and my second thing was a tutorial for mechanics, and they made us do questions!
I had no idea what I was doing!
Sluts.

And the tutor wasn't very helpful. :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The entire system is down.

Can't access the main website from home.

Nick_K

HSC
Uni Grad
looks like this will be most intense semester for me yet, 5 adv maths subjs, 2 3rd yr ones, looks like i wont be on forums or going out for 4 months
What subjects?

HSC
This is probably a really silly question but it's my first semester at USyd and MQ had a different looking system. Where would I find lecture recordings in Blackboard? I know for certain my lecture yesterday was recorded but I can't find an Echo link.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
This is probably a really silly question but it's my first semester at USyd and MQ had a different looking system. Where would I find lecture recordings in Blackboard? I know for certain my lecture yesterday was recorded but I can't find an Echo link.
Go to blackboard > select the unit in question > search left hand menu / through the folders.

They are generally put up either on that day or at the latest the next day. Also remember the whole system was down the entire day yesterday. A delay is to be expected.

Welcome back everyone :skip:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I know Usyd wifi is notorious for being useless etcetc but has anyone ever really been able to access it? :/
I'm in Fisher, on one of their computers and the ipad just won't connect to the wifi even though this is one of the areas with best wifi coverage. Helppppppp.

Also, final semester for me!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know Usyd wifi is notorious for being useless etcetc but has anyone ever really been able to access it? :/
I'm in Fisher, on one of their computers and the ipad just won't connect to the wifi even though this is one of the areas with best wifi coverage. Helppppppp.

Was wondering that too yesterday. When I was at the library, they said that the internet was down all across campus and they did not know when it will be rectified.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
They fixed it yesterday evening but evidently it's screwed up again.

On the subject of WiFi, it's pretty awesome how you can get access to USYD WiFi from Central Station considering the Dentistry building is nearby. If only it worked...

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Coffee?

Went straight from splendour to uni, got to uni and could barely walk, went to my classes then emergency, 11 hours later I have a temporary plaster on my ankle and not allowed to walk for a week.

What an awesome way to start the semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)