Senator calls for burqa ban after robbery (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
It is disappointing reading some of these comments. I'm not muslim but i can recognise the importance of retaining a multicultural Australia. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want to and should be able to express it. I fail to understand racism. No one has the right to say someone doesn't belong here. The burqa is just another piece of clothing. This perhaps is what gives them an identity in their society. It has sentimental value. No one should take that away from them. No ones banning bikinis or whatever. People who aren't used to seeing something different in their society are clearly unexperience and make immature judgements. They need to learn to step out of their tunnel visioned brains and see the world for what it is really is. If they viewed muslims different they would understand the beauty of diverse nation.
Christians believe in god.
Muslims believe in god.
Hindus believe in god.
Bhuddists believe in god.
The only differences are the superficial things like what we wear.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
its immoral because it forces women to cover up, because it assumes that they are unfit to display themselves openly in public, because it implies male ownership of females and because it is Islamic.

it is offensive because of its moral implications, and also because it looks terrible, it looks threatening, and because it is so incredibly opposed to established Australian values.

There's a reason why we occupy one of the top five or so positions on all those world rankings, and there's a similar reason as to why Saudi Arabia hovers somewhere down the bottom. It's fair to want to keep these festering morons as far away from us as possible.
the muslim lady on the 7pm project said otherwise. i'm s confused :(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It is disappointing reading some of these comments. I'm not muslim but i can recognise the importance of retaining a multicultural Australia. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want to and should be able to express it. I fail to understand racism. No one has the right to say someone doesn't belong here. The burqa is just another piece of clothing. This perhaps is what gives them an identity in their society. It has sentimental value. No one should take that away from them. No ones banning bikinis or whatever. People who aren't used to seeing something different in their society are clearly unexperience and make immature judgements. They need to learn to step out of their tunnel visioned brains and see the world for what it is really is. If they viewed muslims different they would understand the beauty of diverse nation.
Muslims believe in god.
Hindus believe in god.
If i gave you a picture of 20 different people from different races wearing burqas would you be able to identify their ethnicity from 10 metres away?

pman

Banned
HSC
what kind of dumb mother fucker would walk around with a motorbike helmet anyway... oh wait YOU.
do you know how much extra time it takes to buy petrol?

I could just flip the visor up...you'd be able to see more of my face than the burqa..

I also want to know who i'm speaking to, there is someone i sit next to twice a week at uni (i think its the same person) but don't have a clue what they look like....

and photo id's, what happens there, how do i prove I'm 18 without taking off my burqa?

Last edited:

theMaster

HSC
If i gave you a picture of 20 different people from different races wearing burqas would you be able to identify their ethnicity from 10 metres away?
Well would you identify what country they are from if they were all Asians?

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
it is disappointing reading some of these comments. I'm not muslim but i can recognise the importance of retaining a multicultural australia. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want to and should be able to express it. I fail to understand racism. No one has the right to say someone doesn't belong here. The burqa is just another piece of clothing. This perhaps is what gives them an identity in their society. It has sentimental value. No one should take that away from them. No ones banning bikinis or whatever. People who aren't used to seeing something different in their society are clearly unexperience and make immature judgements. They need to learn to step out of their tunnel visioned brains and see the world for what it is really is. If they viewed muslims different they would understand the beauty of diverse nation.
Muslims believe in god.
Hindus believe in god.
meanwhile, in the hsc

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC

I could just flip the visor up...you'd be able to see more of my face than the burqa..
haha. i can't disagree, but what an odd thing to say!

muscleman09

HSC

I also want to know who i'm speaking to, there is someone i sit next to twice a week at uni (i think its the same person) but don't have a clue what they look like....

and photo id's, what happens there, how do i prove I'm 18 without taking off my burqa?

ok i see ur point

ive seen many ladies at uni wearing burqas, what does their student ID look like? srs question

BigBoyJames -

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey liberal senator:

I have no interest in being Australian. Go fuck yourself. hope you die by a road side bomb out the front of your house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)