Senator calls for burqa ban after robbery (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
A Liberal senator has sparked outrage and debate after he called for a ban on wearing the burqa in public, saying it is "un-Australian".

South Australian senator Cory Bernardi yesterday wrote a post on his personal blog saying the veil was "emerging as the preferred disguise of bandits and n'er do wells".

It followed reports that a gunman wearing a full black burqa and sunglasses had robbed a Sydney store yesterday.

Senator Bernardi also said he believed the burqa stopped women from integrating into Australian society "The burqa isolates some Australians from others," he wrote.

"It is un-Australian — and its symbolic barrier is far greater than the measure of cloth it is created from.

"For safety and for society, the burqa needs to be banned."

In reaction to the comments, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said the ban was not Coalition policy despite there being "understandable concern in the community" about the burqa.

The burqa was recently outlawed in public in Belgium, amid similar movements in France — where President Nicolas Sarkozy wants it banned.

Islamic Friendship Association's Keysar Trad told the Daily Telegraph he believed Senator Bernardi's call was a political stunt.

"It's tantamount to denying them the right to drive, the right to enjoy all the services of society as well as equal opportunity," Mr Trad said.

But counter-terrorism and aviation security consultant Roger Henning said anything which prevented identification posed "a massive risk" to public safety.

"People have used burqas to escape prison, for bank robberies and terrorists carrying explosive devices are sometimes disguised as women," Mr Henning said.
Thoughts?

Senator calls for burqa ban after robbery

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
i call for a ban of the burqa regardless of whether or not its used in robberies. its unaustralian, but its also immoral and offensive.

pman

Banned
HSC
I think its a good thing (that they be banned), if i can't walk into a bank in a motorbike helmet, why can they walk in wearing a burka?

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
well bikies have a history of being dangerous and committing violent acts
whereas muslims...oh wait.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
stop granting them visas then you dumb fucks.

question to be added on all visa applications:
"do you believe that women should be wearing burqa in public?"

if (no), then

'welcome to Australia m8';

else

'fuck off we're full'

end if

Scorch

HSC
Wow ... I've not seen more bigotry in one thread since ... the last thread on Islam we had.

pman

Banned
HSC
It's not bigotry, its equality...they ban me from covering my face, why should someone else be able to?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Who cares about banning burqas? Just deport everybody who would want to wear one. Problem solved.

muscleman09

HSC
I think its a good thing (that they be banned), if i can't walk into a bank in a motorbike helmet, why can they walk in wearing a burka?
what kind of dumb mother fucker would walk around with a motorbike helmet anyway... oh wait YOU.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
what kind of dumb mother fucker would walk around with a motorbike helmet anyway... oh wait YOU.
You know how much of a fucking hassle it is to pull off your gloves, take off you helmet, enter a premises for 2 mins, put all the gear back on and repeat this every time you enter somewhere?

Also i told someone in a similar thread some fuckwit was gonna rob a someone wearing a burqa.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
SnowFox said:
You know how much of a fucking hassle it is to pull off your gloves, take off you helmet, enter a premises for 2 mins, put all the gear back on and repeat this every time you enter somewhere?
You know, I think this is pretty telling. It's a massive hassle, but we do it. People that ride motorcycles like me and you do it without a fuss. Even bikies who are like, you know, the baddest of the bad go through it. It's because they know, and we know how to function in a society.

Compare that to these Moslem idiots. They make a fuss about it and they congregate around Auburn. It's because a) they believe they are above the rest of us; b) they do not know how to integrate into an already established culture and society; c) they do not know how to function in a society.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Why is it immoral and offensive?
its immoral because it forces women to cover up, because it assumes that they are unfit to display themselves openly in public, because it implies male ownership of females and because it is Islamic.

it is offensive because of its moral implications, and also because it looks terrible, it looks threatening, and because it is so incredibly opposed to established Australian values.

There's a reason why we occupy one of the top five or so positions on all those world rankings, and there's a similar reason as to why Saudi Arabia hovers somewhere down the bottom. It's fair to want to keep these festering morons as far away from us as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)