Sex - Worth the wait? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustafa

HSC
So...back to the whole point of this thread.

Does anyone have a decent argument? Anyone at all?

princesskt

HSC
i think its worth the wait. sex is sposed to be special. sex is giving part of urself away and there is definitely a whole emotional side to it as well. but hey thats me..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ok I'll be serious for a second...
  • Condom's do a pretty damn good job at stopping STD's.
  • People are willing to take a little risk for great pleasure.
  • If you know the person, there's much less of a risk :)

K?

crustafa

HSC
Ok so the condoms and AIDS and all the rest of it...negative physical rammifications right - all that seem 'solvable'.

Doesn't evidence suggest that sex is more than 'physical'? If it were PURELY physical, and preventative measures such as Condoms prevented STD's, then why is it that prostitues are generally unhappy? If sex is so great. so desirable. the more the merrier, right? no?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
why is it that prostitues are generally unhappy
Well while I think that's actually a myth that's been debunked, if it were true I'd blame it more on sleeping with people they have no interest in/bad working conditions etc.

If sex is so great. so desirable. the more the merrier, right? no?
Consenting sex with someone (or more than one person) you really, really like is something pretty good and yes - I'd say the more the merrier.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
crustafa said:
If sex was so good - then why are prostitutes so miserable?
Isn't that like saying "If driving was so good, then why are some truckies/cabbies so miserable?"

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
its more about personal choices. weighing up the pros and cons.
its also about when you and the person are ready.
some people consider it a big imporatnt commitment, others dont. <shrugs> surely that is eveyones choice to make, and people should get over the choices that others are making.
there are many people waiting, in case thats really what you wanted to know. and i know a few people personally who are actually waiting, though you'd never ever expect that. i also know people in the other boat.
weigh up the consequences.(both good and bad) and make the right descion for YOU. its your life.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
surely that is eveyones choice to make, and people should get over the choices that others are making.
I see no problem in explaining to people why you're of the opinion that you are, it might help them to form their own.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i don't think that very many people would wait till marriage these days because people do not get married at such a young age and many don't marry at all. however, i do think it's important to wait for someone you can love and trust, and who you are sure is not using you. :)

crustafa

HSC
So...

Waiting til marriage DOES eliminate the risk of comparison, does it not? (i.e. jane cannot complain that you were not as sexually impressive as john). Fear of not being as good as the last guy she slept with is eliminated, and both husband and wife are on the same level, as they both haven't had sex before.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
You know you CAN get aids twice, right?
....................................wait what?

Waiting til marriage DOES eliminate the risk of comparison, does it not? (i.e. jane cannot complain that you were not as sexually impressive as john). Fear of not being as good as the last guy she slept with is eliminated, and both husband and wife are on the same level, as they both haven't had sex before.
Yea, you don't have the risk of comparison, but you do run the risk of marrying a very dull sex partner.

Fear of not being as good as the last guy she slept with is eliminated
Because it's all about him?

crustafa

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea, you don't have the risk of comparison, but you do run the risk of marrying a very dull sex partner.
Dull sex partner...two virgins getting married wouldn't know the meaning of it. It would be the best sex they've ever had. Besides, I'm sure people could learn.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Dull sex partner...two virgins getting married wouldn't know the meaning of it.
So instead they'll just miss-out on ever knowing good sex? :/

Besides, I'm sure people could learn.
and I'm sure even if you've got someone to compare the guy to sexually and he's a weak performer - If you've decided to marry him, you probably love him :)

crustafa

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So instead they'll just miss-out on ever knowing good sex? :/
You're missing the point.

They WOULD be having good sex. Maybe not by someone else's standards, but at least by theirs. And that's ALL that matters.

tennille

HSC
crustafa said:
Does ANYONE wait until they're married to have sex these days? I'm just curious. What are the advantages of waiting until marriage? What are the advantages of not waiting? What are the disadvantages of both?

Let me know.
crustafa said:
Ok...
  1. STD's
  2. Bob Sleeps With Jane, Jane rolls over and says "you're not as good as Billy" - if two people who have never had sex before wait until marriage - both would be perfectly content with each other.
  3. A survey in America was conducted about who the most sexually satisfied people were...it turned out that Christian females were at the top of the list - females that waited until marriage.
  4. Sure it's not romantic for a guy to say to his wife "I love you SO much that i have waited my entire life to have sex with you".
  5. The belief that sex is more than a physical act, but also spiritual/emotional - that you actually give yourself away to someone else.
  6. If sex was so good - then why are prostitutes so miserable?
I think you've answered your own question.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
crustafa said:
Ok...
  1. STD's
  2. Bob Sleeps With Jane, Jane rolls over and says "you're not as good as Billy" - if two people who have never had sex before wait until marriage - both would be perfectly content with each other.
  3. A survey in America was conducted about who the most sexually satisfied people were...it turned out that Christian females were at the top of the list - females that waited until marriage.
  4. Sure it's not romantic for a guy to say to his wife "I love you SO much that i have waited my entire life to have sex with you".
  5. The belief that sex is more than a physical act, but also spiritual/emotional - that you actually give yourself away to someone else.
  6. If sex was so good - then why are prostitutes so miserable?
[posting without reading past page 1. dont give a crap if someone else's said this before, and it obviously needs to be said more than once]

dude, you make a thread asking for others opinions, and then after 3 posts you tell everyone what you think (with an obvious bias towards waiting).

and you've probably never even held a girl's hand. you're a stuipd naive boy. get out of here and quit it with the high and mighty shit, we dont want it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)