Sex - Worth the wait? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I don't get waiting...here is my argument.

1. Presumably you would only marry a virgin, thus by the time you are old enough to want to marry/be in a position to marry you have significantly decreased the number of potential partners as I hate to tell you mate, but most girls enjoy doing something they enjoy.

2. The STI (that's right you idiots, it has been STI for a few years now, get with the times) debate is stupid, the chances of getting an STI while using a condom is around 0.3%. You have a chance of getting hit by a car when you cross the road, but you still cross the road.

3. You need to realise that all sex is is inserting a cylindrical thing into an opening. One thing into another. That is all. People place a lot of importance on it when in fact it is a pretty basic concept. There is nothing other than physical contact.

4. Your prostitutes point is ridiculous.
A. How do you know they are unhappy?
B. If they are unhappy it is probably because they become prostitutes because they have no other choice ie. they have no other life and no where else to turn.
C. They probably don't want to be having sex, and even if something is generally good, but you don't want it, it is not going to make you happy. If you don't want anymore chocolate, but someone forces you to have more chocolate you are not going to enjoy the chocolate.

5. Your point about Jan and Billy is ridiculous. Ignorance is bliss, but it is still ignorance. People are not stupid. If I have a pizza for the first time and it tastes good, I don't then assume that I have tasted the best pizza in the world. And if the pizza tastes bad, I don't assume that other pizzas are not going to be better.

Ie. You are blinded by your faith. Wake up dude.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
2. The STI (that's right you idiots, it has been STI for a few years now, get with the times) debate is stupid, the chances of getting an STI while using a condom is around 0.3%. You have a chance of getting hit by a car when you cross the road, but you still cross the road.
Not to mention, if you're a straight, caucasion that isn't doing drugs/having sex with a druggie or sleeping around alot - The chance becomes... pretty fucking small.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Septimus Dick said:
I don't get waiting...here is my argument.

1. Presumably you would only marry a virgin, thus by the time you are old enough to want to marry/be in a position to marry you have significantly decreased the number of potential partners as I hate to tell you mate, but most girls enjoy doing something they enjoy.

3. You need to realise that all sex is is inserting a cylindrical thing into an opening. One thing into another. That is all. People place a lot of importance on it when in fact it is a pretty basic concept. There is nothing other than physical contact.

4. Your prostitutes point is ridiculous.
A. How do you know they are unhappy?
B. If they are unhappy it is probably because they become prostitutes because they have no other choice ie. they have no other life and no where else to turn.
C. They probably don't want to be having sex, and even if something is generally good, but you don't want it, it is not going to make you happy. If you don't want anymore chocolate, but someone forces you to have more chocolate you are not going to enjoy the chocolate.

5. Your point about Jan and Billy is ridiculous. Ignorance is bliss, but it is still ignorance. People are not stupid. If I have a pizza for the first time and it tastes good, I don't then assume that I have tasted the best pizza in the world. And if the pizza tastes bad, I don't assume that other pizzas are not going to be better.

Ie. You are blinded by your faith. Wake up dude.
Mr boredofstudies egronk's post ftw!
especially that bit.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
crustafa said:
100% of people who arguing against me have no idea about waiting until marriage. I don't claim to know everything about sex. This thread is about sex, but it's also about waiting.

I do know about waiting.
Explain the idea of waiting.

ie

Self-worth
Securities/Insecurities
Virginity (in relation to worth)

ie What does waiting for sex mean to you and how are you sure that you are not blindly following the traditions that you were raised with?

T

Testpilot

Ok i have read to page 4 then got fed up.

Threadstarter: You have an inferiority complex; you are concerned about your performance in the bedroom. This will not be solved by marriage. In fact i hope that after you have consummated your marriage on your wedding night, your wife rolls over and tells you that you were shit. Then you will understand that marriage will not solve everything.

Also, it is ok to have opinions, but you have asked for a discussion but have not allowed for this to happen by your constant positing (seriously you have about every 4th post). Please accept that others to not have the same views as you. It is ok to hold your own views, and people will respect you for doing so. However this has not happened in this thread due to your actions (i.e trying to dictate morals).

If you wish to know you many people wait until marriage to have sex, I would guess (in this day and age) it would be very few. If you require statistics please do some research.

Thread closed.

EDIT:
politik said:
It was like having sex with the inside of a pen.
To be able to compare, wouldn't you have had to have done both?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinni

HSC
I believe in waiting, not because of the values I've been raised by although I have been taught no sex before marriage but then again so were my brothers; 2 had children out of wedlock and the other wasn't a virgin so that obviously didn't stick.I think it has something to do with how you veiw sex, ie on an emotional level. But I plan to wait until I can handle the consequences, not so much until I'm married, I know with protection it's v unlikely, but I know that I couldn't be a mother yet and I'm not interested in abortion so I don't think I should be having sex.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I used to be big on this topic, so determined to wait until marriage, but mate, look, it is worth the wait - ONLY IF YOU HAVEN'T FOUND SOMEONE WHOM YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE AND TRUST AND WHO FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT YOU IN RETURN. Sex is like marriage in the sense that we can have ourselves to more than one person like how divorce goes. I would only give myself to guys (other than whom I marry) whom I have REALLY deep love connections with / changed me for the better, and it's REALLY difficult for them to have my body and I wouldn't do it without that connection, which is also near-impossible to establish, trust me. Giving your virginity away before marriage wouldn't have to mean that you're easy, shallow, etc.

I used to be so big on the whole virginity issue, I still haven't changed all that much, but like many people have mentioned, even though it is so MORAL and romantic like a novel, in this day and age, no one can guarantee that your partner can do the same for you...yet I will be very, very, very proud of you if you decided to do this. I'd like to meet a virgin as a my future husband before for the so-called 'purity', but I don't want him to be 'bad' and if I don't meet a virgin, then I wouldn't see why the hell I should've kept mine for him, it'd feel out of balance, even if there is tons of love.

I have given my virginity to someone whom I have known for 6 years and he has also given his virginity to me. Even though there wasn't the superficial candles and rose petals stuff, which I would so wish for on my wedding night (when I had decided to lose it then), but it was made with love, done with love, and completed with love, trust and acceptance, and that's the most important part. I am a very 'attached' person, and if I were to give my virginity away on my wedding night, I would give myself no way out of the marriage if it goes wrong, had I being so 'tight' about the subject - get what I mean? I don't want to be 'locked' into a marriage by giving away my virginity as a 'deposit' for it.

I just don't want to risk being disappointed on my wedding night and as much as I love my future husband, which can very well be my current boyfriend, I want love, I need love and as long as your first time is completed with that, then that's the ultimate goal. ONE'S HUSBAND/WIFE PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE ONE'S REAL, TRUE LOVE/SOULMATE, like you might've loved someone else (before) so much more, I wouldn't want to spend my life wondering what it might've been like with that previous someone - our most memorable experiences are not always conventional. I don't want a guy's eyes to light up at the mention that I'm a virgin and marry me because he can have me 'completely', I want a man to love and accept me, no matter what and that's worth more than love with virginity itself in many ways.

...yet that's not the reason why I gave myself away, it was for liberty, for freedom from tradition, my current boyfriend has set me free. I wanted to be a free woman, free to love, free to give myself to someone I really really really love and who loves me back almost more than one can contain love. I can still have the romantic wedding night with the candles and flowers, I can give myself away to more than one soulmate, and in my heart I know I will always be a virgin - as long as I am pure in the heart and mind.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cykologi_gal said:
and in my heart I know I will always be a virgin - as long as I am pure in the heart and mind.
lol.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
You only live once, and then you die mang. But when it's time to go best go out with a bang. (Don't die a Virgin... Get it?)

L

littlewing69

Cykologi_gal said:
...yet that's not the reason why I gave myself away, it was for liberty, for freedom from tradition, my current boyfriend has set me free. I wanted to be a free woman, free to love, free to give myself to someone I really really really love and who loves me back almost more than one can contain love. I can still have the romantic wedding night with the candles and flowers, I can give myself away to more than one soulmate, and in my heart I know I will always be a virgin - as long as I am pure in the heart and mind.
Someone put their penis in you. This is not a big deal.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
agreed.

People build virginity up to be this big thing.

It's sex. You can get pregnant unless you use protection. It's fun, it can be emotional, it can be stupid.

It's like a lot of things in life.

What else does it symbolise and why would that constitute "waiting" until marriage?

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
It symbolises your morals, self-respect, purity in some ways, wholenss and virtue...and marriage is a union of two untouched souls, on Christian terms at least. I'm just moral and Buddhist, not a Christian, thank God (literally), I cherish my freedom to use contraceptives.

...but then, you can still be all of that, without being a virgin goddammit.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
It symbolises your morals, self-respect, purity in some ways, wholenss and virtue.
Well here is how I see it..

Tommorow, is the today you promised yourself yesterday.

If tommorow nevercomes then you will regret it in the today. So spend the today worrying about what you did in the yesterday then tommorow regretting what you didn't do on the today.

Cause tommorow, might not come.

You only live once, and then you die mang. But when it's time to go best go out with a bang. (Don't die a Virgin... Get it?)

kathelle

Slutty McSlut-Slut
HSC
sam04u said:
Tommorow, is the today you promised yourself yesterday.
Isn't today the tomorrow I promised myself yesterday?

EDIT: Brain hurts. Ugh
Me no think good.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
It symbolises your morals, self-respect, purity in some ways, wholenss and virtue...and marriage is a union of two untouched souls, on Christian terms at least. I'm just moral and Buddhist, not a Christian, thank God (literally), I cherish my freedom to use contraceptives.

Um how?

Why is sex dirty? OH YEAH, old idiotic patrichial men decided they liked fucking virgins. So they decide to make it proper to "keep" virginity until marriage.

Stupid idiotic tradition, that's all it is.

L

littlewing69

Cykologi_gal said:
Only if you buy into stupid American pop Christian crap. I fail to see how the insertion of one sex organ into another symbolises morality, self-respect etc.

HSC
kathelle said:
Isn't today the tomorrow I promised myself yesterday?

EDIT: Brain hurts. Ugh
Me no think good.
But what if tomorrow I promised myself I'd build myself a time machine to go back to yesterday and change the bizarre event that compelled me to build such a strange contraption, then divided by zero?

Rinni

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:

Christians can use contraception, Catholics can't

kathelle

Slutty McSlut-Slut
HSC
Capitalist Scum said:
But what if tomorrow I promised myself I'd build myself a time machine to go back to yesterday and change the bizarre event that compelled me to build such a strange contraption, then divided by zero?
Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)