• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Share your 2009 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No one screwed you over. You had relatively poor marks, and I am assuming they were in poorly scaling subjects.
Simple as that.

(PS. Before you start complaining about scaling, the reason your subjects were scaled poorly is because they are easy)
Actually, it's because the cohorts for those subjects are relatively weaker than the cohorts for other subjects.

swathard

HSC
Actually, it's because the cohorts for those subjects are relatively weaker than the cohorts for other subjects.
+1.

As I think I've mentioned previously, there is a common misconception that scaling is indicative of the relative difficulty of one subject compared to another.

As annabackwards has now also pointed out, it is a measure of the overall strength of the state-wide cohorts completing a particular course.

No course is 'easy' - each has its own demands and requires the application of different skills. Some people will excel in some subjects and others will excel in other subjects - it's all about what people's individual strengths and weaknesses are and how these match to the skills/knowledge required for each course.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
93.50 pretty good for someone who did all their exams on roughly three hours sleep lol

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
u guys are so inspirational.... I hope I end up with 98+
but I'm starting to be really pessimistic

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

meh. good enough for uts business so kpmg will not fire me at least. how fantastic.

VicTrix

HSC
I'm gawking at all the 90's and am completely dumbfounded...
Only smart people use these forums? Seriously what the hell haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)