xD

bettina44

HSC
:eek: so u lied to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

=[[[

at least u only know the first 2 digits of mine if that is the case

xD
xD

i think you are forgetting the conversations we had my friend, i only told you last night that i made up my atar =P

btw you told me all four,the last two digits are .30

determine

Premium Member
HSC
i got 99.9 this year :)

really really pleased, considering I've had people on this forum in the past diss my intelligence. I think this really epitomises that one should never judge someone else, and that everyone has some sort of potential hidden beneath them - it's just a matter of how and when it is unleashed and translated into marks.

good luck to the 2010 cohorts and beyond! :)

stF-vampyre

HSC
calc said 85-6

my stupid EE2 internal mark thanks to our teachers being idiots dragged me down out of the 90s :( so im happy but still majorly cut

stunner

HSC
Re: What is your confirmed ATAR?

93.50 - I'm pretty happy considering the lack of effort I've put into things.
I got 90.15 and studied my heart out quite literarily.
Do you go to a high scaled school?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
hahahaha ye i know, im just exaggerating it now lol

AHHHHHHHH SHIT damnit so i did tell you,,,,BAH lol =P

Bar901

HSC
Explain then. I can't see how you can hardly study (i.e. 2-3 hours a week) and get that high.
(Quote in reference to people defending a post that claimed a 96.5 ATAR with minimal study)

I find comments like this absolutely hilarious. There are all sorts of people in this world, there were people who studied hard and landed themselves <50, and there were those who did minimal study and landed in the 95+ area.

I am going to guess this guy hit himself a solid 80 something with a decently large amount of work and most certainly doesn't go to a selective school, or even a top 50 school. Look around the selective schools, the top 20 and occassionally an out of place genius at lower down schools. People like that exist and really aren't that rare.

I don't care if YOU personally can't do it.
I don't care if no one YOU know can't do it.
Some people can.
Some people are either just that smart or as others have pointed out have near photographic memory.
Deal with it.

BillEvans

HSC
68 -

ahrrehtards at uac screwed me ovr - all hsc marks were high 70s/low80s

Bar901

HSC
68 -

ahrrehtards at uac screwed me ovr - all hsc marks were high 70s/low80s
No one screwed you over. You had relatively poor marks, and I am assuming they were in poorly scaling subjects.
Simple as that.

(PS. Before you start complaining about scaling, the reason your subjects were scaled poorly is because they are easy)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No one screwed you over. You had relatively poor marks, and I am assuming they were in poorly scaling subjects.
Simple as that.

(PS. Before you start complaining about scaling, the reason your subjects were scaled poorly is because they are easy)
Actually, it's because the cohorts for those subjects are relatively weaker than the cohorts for other subjects.

swathard

HSC
Actually, it's because the cohorts for those subjects are relatively weaker than the cohorts for other subjects.
+1.

As I think I've mentioned previously, there is a common misconception that scaling is indicative of the relative difficulty of one subject compared to another.

As annabackwards has now also pointed out, it is a measure of the overall strength of the state-wide cohorts completing a particular course.

No course is 'easy' - each has its own demands and requires the application of different skills. Some people will excel in some subjects and others will excel in other subjects - it's all about what people's individual strengths and weaknesses are and how these match to the skills/knowledge required for each course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)