Share your 2011 ATAR here (2 Viewers)

K

kindersurprise

The message that people should take from reading this thread is that using a calculATAR (patent pending) on the day before ATARs are released will only lead to disappointment...except in my case. Calculators predicted 99.0 though my actual ATAR was 99.10

sunshinegirl

HSC
ATAR calculators were way off for me - one predicted 93.40 and another 97.25.
Then I got 99.15 and it was the shock of my life :)

2011_

HSC
The calculators all put me at 97.2 but I got 97.25 so they were VERY close for me :)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
85.5 - not fantastic but got into Arts/Science at Sydney like I wanted. Really disappointed with Bio - worked hard all year, did extra classes and got rewarded with a friggin 79 as my final mark. Went from 38% in the trials to 76% in the HSC for maths and got a band 6 in Italian Continuers so at least made it onto the distinguished achievers list. Also didn't achieve my goal of getting a higher ATAR than my brother (which he is taking great pleasure in rubbing it in my face).

pockykid

HSC
N/A
PLEASE EXPLAIN:
My rank in Advanced English was 1st at my school, with a big gap between me and the next person. My exam mark in the HSC: 92/100 yet my Assessment mark was: 89/100.
How does this happen? I thought being first in a subject meant I couldn't be "dragged down" by my peers? :S
Whoa... you should get a clerical check, i don't really think that should be happening at all.

Autechra

HSC
74.15 which I'm very happy with given how stressed I was about not getting into anything. I'll get into somewhere out of Sydney which I likely would've opted for even if I had got a higher one. I'm sick of living at home, and hate the idea of commuting to the city. Moving to a new town with my best mate is preferable, and I can do that easily with this ranking.

Interesting thing is Extension English was my highest mark exam-wise, got 43/50, (equivalent of 94.55 apparently) and it was one of two that I did high... makes me think I should've smoked before all of them... but then again, it probably just made me write a fucking good creative. Doing history high didn't work out as well. :/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting thing is Extension English was my highest mark exam-wise, got 43/50, (equivalent of 94.55 apparently) and it was one of two that I did high... makes me think I should've smoked before all of them... but then again, it probably just made me write a fucking good creative. Doing history high didn't work out as well. :/
Hahaahaha. I know that feel.

Fake-Name

HSC
74.15 which I'm very happy with given how stressed I was about not getting into anything. I'll get into somewhere out of Sydney which I likely would've opted for even if I had got a higher one. I'm sick of living at home, and hate the idea of commuting to the city. Moving to a new town with my best mate is preferable, and I can do that easily with this ranking.

Wtf you were high during english extension and scored 43/50?

Was this the first time you smoked before an exam? Seems like a messed up thing to experiment with during your final exams.

Kudos for doing something most students would only dream of doing...

Leoong

HSC
99.55 :)

estimated atar was "should get into 96-100 range"

springkse

HSC
96.00, school estimate was 83.25

atm angry at my school for demotivating me

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC

Pretty disappointed, I was expecting way higher marks in most of my exams and about 97

vietwill

HSC
99.55; lovely number. Plus, since I'm from New Zealand I didn't have the luxury of an estimator, as a pretty complicated transfer index was used for the conversion, and UAC wouldn't tell me a thing about the process.

So hopefully to Sydney Uni. Yay.

ven

HSC
Acheived my aim of 90+ therefore I'm very happy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)