• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

She shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess (2 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
Rape is caused by rape culture and misogyny, NOT the clothes women wear.
I didn't mean every single one of them

Rape caused by rapists primarily

To suggest that there is a rape culture would imply that there is a pedophilia culture
IMO when I think it's pretty safe to say that pardophilia is very very taboo

Still happens though doesn't it

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I didn't mean every single one of them

Rape caused by rapists primarily

To suggest that there is a rape culture would imply that there is a pedophilia culture
IMO when I think it's pretty safe to say that pardophilia is very very taboo

Still happens though doesn't it
Terrible things happen.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Identifying as queer doesn't reduce anyone's need or use for the contraceptive pill, it is used in a multitude of cases to treat PMDD, PCOS, irregularities, endometriotis and acne. So it's important for women of all financial classes, whether they're having sex or not.
Being queer also doesn't undermine my sex and the empathy and concern for the status of my gender.
The point I made

Abortion in Australia is only legal for maternal life, rape, health, fetal defects, and/or mental health, and in QLD it is only legal for maternal life and health. Women can't have full choice over their bodies and have to 'earn' the right to abortion, proving their 'need'.
Another valid point.

Back to the original topic, I think the sexist views expressed in this thread provide a real understanding of why rape occurs, because as you have all said, women are viewed as "inferior" within society.
fucking question begging victimising nonsense. Rapists rape people, society has fuck all to do with it unless we're in a muslim country.

Rape is caused by rape culture and misogyny, NOT the clothes women wear.
rape culture?

No rape is caused by cunts who don't understand boundaries

some yoghurt bullshit has nothing to do with it

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I get that. It's like if I leave the door open on my house, despite that - I give no one the right to break in and steal stuff and the responsibility solely goes to the offender. Of course.

But if I do leave the door open on my house, then I can be seen to encourage someone breaking in. If I walk around at midnight in a dark alleyway flashing $100 bills and acting all tough, then I can be seen to encourage someone to rob me. Is there a similar scenario for rape? That is, suppose a girl walks around acting promiscuous, flirting and teasing every guy she sees and with clothes so revealing... you get the picture - does she encourage rape?

Gray area. And that's what we're trying to figure out.

My view is that if rape is about sex - then it follows logically, to my view, yes. If rape is not about sex, then no..
No this is a retarded argument even if you are going around in granville in the middle of the night naked you do not welcome rape and you bear no culpability.

dumb

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
if someone robs you

it's not your fault

if someone rapes you

it's not your fault

end of discussion

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay?

Steps do have to be taken to protect women from rape. Such as them not acting like dirty sluts in front of potential rapists.

What? No...
They should be able to act as dirty and slutty as they want though.

Rapists should just not exist.

But yes it would (probably/possibly) help in (at least some) circumstances though.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
it

fuck

it is really really simple

if you are

come on

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
No rape is caused by cunts who don't understand boundaries
or cunts who do understand boundaries but don't actually care

inner health plus gang rapists going to gang rape bad bacteria

BAD BACTERIA BEING IN SOMEBODY'S STOMACH AND MAKING THEM SICK DIDNT BRING THIS ON

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
No this is a retarded argument even if you are going around in granville in the middle of the night naked you do not welcome rape and you bear no culpability.

dumb
yeah but if you do do something like that you may not be responsible for getting raped you are still a dumb bitch

CANT SAY THAT ONE ON TV THOUGH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)