• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

She shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess (2 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Guess she shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess

This thread is disgusting and reeks of misogyny and hatred for women. Before labelling feminists as "bulldykes" characterising them as some extremist sect, remember that feminism is about equality. Thus, in an age where there are still vast discrepancies between genders, feminism is essential.

As a female, lesbian, and survivor of rape and sexual abuse, you're convictions are extremely hurtful. My rape wasn't 'sex' - it was plainly rape. It was a vicious and cruel crime, and like all crimes, was an act to garner power and hurt someone.

I wasn't raped because I was wearing a low shirt or a short skirt. I also wasn't raped because I decided something different the "next morning", or didn't know how to say 'no'. I was raped because someone wanted to exert aggression and malice upon me.

As males, you possess societal privilege. I can assume that when you go out, you don't have to worry about drinks being spiked or sexual assault. But each time a woman goes out, we are reminded to watch our drinks and be cautious. That's why there is anger towards these messages. Campaigning for equality, we shouldn't have to alter our actions to 'avoid' rape. We should be able to go out freely, without feeling like the vulnerable gender, just as men are able to do. Rape is in no way caused by the victim. There is nothing they can do to encourage or instigate it. If an innocent person is held at bullet point, do we see them as welcoming the event? Or do we interrogate whether they said no? Of course not.

Victim blaming is inaccurate and damaging, particularly where it often occurs in the aftermath of a traumatic and violating crime. All women want is equality, so please don't laud our efforts and undermine our cases of assault, when you possess positions of privilege. I hope you never encounter assault and rape, and a big fuck you to the casual chauvinism and misogyny in your tone. Please grow up and realise the great injustices that women and those of alternate gender identities experience every day.
I dont think anyone in this thread suggested that you shouldn't be able to go out dressed however you want and drink whatever you want without a worry of being assaulted. Of course you should be able to. This was raised before.

I think they were suggesting that because rape does happen (despite the best efforts of most people to prevent it), shouldn't precautions be taken by women to protect themselves? Much in the same way that (most) men take precautions against being mugged (alternate routes, as discussed itt).

The issue i raised was whether what you are wearing influences the frequency of rape at all (i would not think so)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

It clearly didn't work for the US
Slow down faggot. Compare this to total deaths due to violence, and the number of the handgun deaths were involved in crime prevention.

boris

Banned
HSC

Reported.
But seriously, I've been waiting for this post from the beginning.
I have several friends that have been raped and disagree with a lot of what's been said in this thread.
I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I still can't ever see women as equal to men.
what

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

This thread is disgusting and reeks of misogyny and hatred for women. Before labelling feminists as "bulldykes" characterising them as some extremist sect, remember that feminism is about equality. Thus, in an age where there are still vast discrepancies between genders, feminism is essential.

As a female, lesbian, and survivor of rape and sexual abuse, you're convictions are extremely hurtful. My rape wasn't 'sex' - it was plainly rape. It was a vicious and cruel crime, and like all crimes, was an act to garner power and hurt someone.

I wasn't raped because I was wearing a low shirt or a short skirt. I also wasn't raped because I decided something different the "next morning", or didn't know how to say 'no'. I was raped because someone wanted to exert aggression and malice upon me.

As males, you possess societal privilege. I can assume that when you go out, you don't have to worry about drinks being spiked or sexual assault. But each time a woman goes out, we are reminded to watch our drinks and be cautious. That's why there is anger towards these messages. Campaigning for equality, we shouldn't have to alter our actions to 'avoid' rape. We should be able to go out freely, without feeling like the vulnerable gender, just as men are able to do. Rape is in no way caused by the victim. There is nothing they can do to encourage or instigate it. If an innocent person is held at bullet point, do we see them as welcoming the event? Or do we interrogate whether they said no? Of course not.

Victim blaming is inaccurate and damaging, particularly where it often occurs in the aftermath of a traumatic and violating crime. All women want is equality, so please don't laud our efforts and undermine our cases of assault, when you possess positions of privilege. I hope you never encounter assault and rape, and a big fuck you to the casual chauvinism and misogyny in your tone. Please grow up and realise the great injustices that women and those of alternate gender identities experience every day.
Feminism used to be about equality, and now it's seemingly 'RAH RAH RAH males are horrible'.

--

Riproot, did you report her? /me facepalms

HSC
Uni Grad

Reported.
I have several friends that have been raped and disagree with a lot of what's been said in this thread.
I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I still can't ever see women as equal to men.
specifically?

boris

Banned
HSC

Reported.
what do you disagree with
why did you report her i dont understand
elaborate on why you wont see women as men as equals

Feminism used to be about equality, and now it's seemingly 'RAH RAH RAH males are horrible'.

--

Riproot, did you report her? /me facepalms
is that what its about is it

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

guys,

i think riproot meant that he can never see a world where men will be equal to women

he's not saying that he would be against that, he just sees it as unlikely because he is a despairing liberal poofter

boris

Banned
HSC

maybe
maybe not

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

is that what its about is it
Theoretically, feminism is about equality between males and females. In actuality, part of it has become men-bashing, basically.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

ta shadow

Fake French

HSC

The reason women aren't yet equal to men is because there are bigots like you.

And where have I expressed 'male bashing'. I don't hate males, nor will I ever will. I asserted that males possess societal privilege - that's a truth. But where have I explicitly voiced a 'hatred' of males?

I'm just saddened and hurt because of issues of inequality in pay, oppourtunity, health, safety and experiences that face women. It's not "rah rah rah", it's the plea from a minority group to protest injustices. Women are a marginalised group and won't be able to claim equality unless the perpetrators of the oppression change. That's why rapists should be the one educated and blamed, not the victims.

Garygaz

HSC

the biological differences between men and women will prevent there from ever being pure equality.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

men and women have the same iq (though this has been disputed recently by philippe rushton and helmuth nyborg) though they have different cognitive profiles and women have a smaller standard deviation than men

women most certainly have different psychological constitutions and interests than men do and most certainly most or all of that is mediated by genetic differences which is probably a major contributory factor to the differences in achievement between the sexes

it would be an astounding evolutionary fluke if men were psychologically identical with women

but yeah also as kaz said women are definitely athletically inferior to men

suck it up cunt

Last edited:

Fake French

HSC

women most certainly have different psychological constitutions and interests than men do and most certainly most or all of that is mediated by genetic differences which is probably a major contributory factor to the differences in achievement between the sexes
Or has a patriarchal society conditioned women to have different interests? Masculinity, femininity and gender are social constructs that are performed.

Athletic differences between both sexes don't equate to inferiority, and how would the said disparity translate to the validation of the disempowerment of women, in the contexts of health, education, status etc?

boris

Banned
HSC

And where have I expressed 'male bashing'. I don't hate males, nor will I ever will. I asserted that males possess societal privilege - that's a truth. But where have I explicitly voiced a 'hatred' of males?

I'm just saddened and hurt because of issues of inequality in pay, oppourtunity, health, safety and experiences that face women. It's not "rah rah rah", it's the plea from a minority group to protest injustices. Women are a marginalised group and won't be able to claim equality unless the perpetrators of the oppression change. That's why rapists should be the one educated and blamed, not the victims.
women live longer than men

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

Or has a patriarchal society conditioned women to have different interests? Masculinity, femininity and gender are social constructs that are performed.

Athletic differences between both sexes don't equate to inferiority, and how would the said disparity translate to the validation of the disempowerment of women, in the contexts of health, education, status etc?
post pics bby

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Prove it

Fake French

HSC

But globally women have poorer access to health service because of discrimmination, isolation and sexism. Look at cases of obsteric fistulas in Africa etc http://www.who.int/gender/en/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)