Shoplifting (1 Viewer)

tom_330

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Has anyone here shoplifted, if so what? Also has any employees seen anyone shoplift or caught someone shoplifting?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
When I worked in retail I would witness shoplifting on a daily basis. One guy I work with (who hates the company) just watched two guys wheel out a television in a trolley one day without paying. He just let them go.

We did catch a bunch of girls in their school uniforms shoplifting one day, called the cops and their principal. They didn't even seem scared of the cops they just sat calmly in the security office. I would have been bawling and begging for forgiveness!

As for me I have never shoplifted quite simply because I was brought up better than that.

Reactions: h_g

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont really think its brilliant, i think its kind of discusting.

in a world full of crime, some of which i aprove of, shoplifting doesnt rank very high in the worst things you can do, somewhere above scaming someone and below bagsnatching an old lady, but i dont approve of it nor respect it. Its not as bad as stealing from an individual, but it can have the same effect, every time you steal a tv our prices go up a cent to cover that loss, we hire more security, we buy more expensive technoledgy like high res cctv cameras everywhere and we impliment time consuming safety measures that also bump up the price

dont give me that stealing a loaf of bread crap, most shoplifters target small, expensive items like makeup and razorblades.
Besides the loaf of bread wouldnt cost $1 if shoplifters didnt exist, it would be more like 80cents

tom_330

HSC
N/A
Instead of raising prices the companies should take money from the CEO's that have 7 and 8 figure salaries. And miumiu that article is much better than anything you could come up with that person is 10x more intelligent that you'll ever be.

tom_330

HSC
N/A
Read this it is brilliant.

"The shoplifter attacks the cynical mind control tactics of modern advertising. Today's commercials, billboards, even the floor—layouts and product displays in stores are designed by psychologists to manipulate potential consumers into purchasing products".

"The shoplifter creates a third choice of her own: she takes the products she has been conditioned to desire without paying for them, so the corporations themselves must pay for all of their propagandizing and mind control tactics".

"For her, the world is as dangerous and as exciting as it was to prehistoric humanity: every day she is in new situations, confronting new risks, living by her wits in a constantly changing environment. For the law-abiding consumer, it is likely that every day at work is similar to the last one and danger is as sorely lacking in life as meaning and purpose are".

Excellent.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
tom_330 said:
Read this it is brilliant.

"The shoplifter attacks the cynical mind control tactics of modern advertising. Today's commercials, billboards, even the floor—layouts and product displays in stores are designed by psychologists to manipulate potential consumers into purchasing products".
mind control? it's not mind control. no one is suggesting that you have to desire what each advertisement wants. if you have no self control and want every single thing displayed in an advert, then you have a problem.
Advertising does exist to influence us towards particular choices but it's not a form of mind control.

"The shoplifter creates a third choice of her own: she takes the products she has been conditioned to desire without paying for them, so the corporations themselves must pay for all of their propagandizing and mind control tactics".
How are the corporations paying for the 'mind control tactics'? If you steal form a store, you don't screw over coca-cola amatil, microsoft, etc: you're screwing over the store owners (as they have to purchase the stock from these corporation).

"For her, the world is as dangerous and as exciting as it was to prehistoric humanity: every day she is in new situations, confronting new risks, living by her wits in a constantly changing environment. For the law-abiding consumer, it is likely that every day at work is similar to the last one and danger is as sorely lacking in life as meaning and purpose are".
so in order to have a fulfiling life and to self-actualise yourself, you need to live in danger and break the law? I am a law-abiding consumer and live life to my fullest potential. If it's danger you crave, then perhaps you can partake in 'dangerous' legal activities like sky diving, etc. Or in fact, do other stupid shit like drink driving and murder - also breaking the law and living in danger (oh wait, I bet you're against those).
I fail to see how shoplifiting adds meaning and purpose to life.

edit: pwned.

tom_330

HSC
N/A
Interesting you say all of that with your display picture saying "I fought the law".

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I am against some legal procedures (especially overzealous coppers, transit guards, defamation laws [although these have gotten much better]).
I am not supportive of theft.

You know the best part about shoplifting? Getting caught and then getting fucked up the ass in jail (if you keep doing it), putting yourself out of many jobs due to a criminal record, visa (o/seas) problems, etc

stazi

Nightman
HSC
furthermore, I fail to see how shoplifting is 'fighting the law' - it's simply breaking the law and fucking others over.
you're not on some mission for the greater good, you're simply trying to justify the fact that you're an idiot and would rather steal than purchase items honestly.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
stazi said:
furthermore, I fail to see how shoplifting is 'fighting the law' - it's simply breaking the law and fucking others over.
you're not on some mission for the greater good, you're simply trying to justify the fact that you're an idiot and would rather steal than purchase items honestly.
One word tom.....

...pwned!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
tom_330 said:
Instead of raising prices the companies should take money from the CEO's that have 7 and 8 figure salaries. And miumiu that article is much better than anything you could come up with that person is 10x more intelligent that you'll ever be.
fuck off communist scum

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i used to shoplift. in like yrs 8 and 9. then we got caught at portmans on pitt street mall (but didn't get in trouble, we just had to give the stuff back). i haven't done it since. yeah a lot of shit is way overpriced, but it's my choice to buy it.

frankly, to the vast majority of shoplifters, if you can't afford stuff you like, tough shit. go get another job or work more hours. life isn't fair.

Reactions: h_g

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
at my work thsi check otu chick got fired & arrested for letrting her friends through the check otu with a packet of ships a bottle of coke & a largeTV. they cops were there

if u steal a packet of ticktaks they just fire u but if its something ewxpencive then they charge you

tom_330

HSC
N/A
When people steal it effects the shareholders not the general comsumers usually. So it isn't really impacting the community. And people steal because it is too difficult to get a job mainly because of availabilities.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
tom_330 said:
When people steal it effects the shareholders not the general comsumers usually. So it isn't really impacting the community. And people steal because it is too difficult to get a job mainly because of availabilities.
What the fuck are you trying to achieve by showing the "postive" effects of shoplifting?

Do you want people to shoplift and get caught, arrested and charged?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
tom_330 said:
no. you do realise that many stores aren't listed on the stock exchange?
also please reply to my previous arguments. Oh wait, you can't think for yourself?

And people only steal because they can't get jobs? ohhh that's right - after all, we dont have incredibly low unemployment stats and a shortage of skilled labour (thus an abundance of potential jobs). Nor do we have government dole, youth allowance, etc programs for people like yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)