Shoplifting (1 Viewer)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i've never shoplifted, but ive stollen couple of times. things which i could not buy such as picture of my ex and stone (it wasnt valuable) but i knew someone who collects the stones and they were really happy when i gave stone to them.
i had things(money) stollen from me, i guess its equal.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
what goes around comes around

you steal, people steal from you

simple as that

Danoz The Great

HSC
wevil said:
if u steal a packet of ticktaks they just fire u but if its something ewxpencive then they charge you
You will be charged regardless of what you steal.

If you're over 18, you have a permanent criminal record.

HSC
Working at woolworths I noticed that the biggest shoplifters are women in their 30-50's something. The most common item stolen based on empty boxes I found while doing recovery is cosmetics products. I guess they are older women because most items stolen are wrinkle cream, vita lift, age defying cream etc etc cause under 30 aint gonna use those creams.

yosemite sam

HSC
A friend of mine works at a clothing store and one day a girl came in with a huge bag of stuff that she wanted to return that she had stolen over the past year or so. She'd just had a major guilt trip or something and was returning shit to all the shops shed stolen from round town.

yosemite sam

HSC
They called the cops cos they have to but i dunno if she just got off with a warning cos she took the stuff back or if she got charged or whatever cos she'd taken so much stuff for so long

HSC
i agree to that article. we shud live like animals and hunt for food. fuck working in sum big ass company and buying bread at a bakery. whers the fun in that!

wooliesboy02/09

HSC
hello to everyone, i dont think this thread has been used for a while but i just wanted to ask this question to anyone who may have to deal with it: if you work on some sort of checkout somewhere (ie.coles, woolies etc.) what do you do if you catch someone stealing something, like concealing it in their bag etc.???

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
wooliesboy02/09 said:
hello to everyone, i dont think this thread has been used for a while but i just wanted to ask this question to anyone who may have to deal with it: if you work on some sort of checkout somewhere (ie.coles, woolies etc.) what do you do if you catch someone stealing something, like concealing it in their bag etc.???

hit the thief over the head and say 'fucking scum, next time pay for it'

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i accidentally shop lifted when i was 7...it was around easter time and i was in kmart. found these easter eggs in a net on the floor and thought they were for the taking cos they werent up on a shelf. when my mum found out she made me return them and i was crying my eyes out thinking i was going to be put in jail.

Evilo

HSC
my mate works in myer. They had a whole shelf of good quality mens shirts. Scum just come in, pick up the whole pile (say 15 shirts) and walk out again. The shops is undergoing a major secuirty upgrade - including more guards, more electric alarms and they are not selling expensive mens shirts anymore - well untill the new system is in.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Evilo said:
my mate works in myer. They had a whole shelf of good quality mens shirts. Scum just come in, pick up the whole pile (say 15 shirts) and walk out again. The shops is undergoing a major secuirty upgrade - including more guards, more electric alarms and they are not selling expensive mens shirts anymore - well untill the new system is in.

wow crazy, does it apply to all myers? what myers you work at? i know at the city myers, they've got undercover security, they're so easy to spot, they'll follow the culprit in the women's section and he'd be like checking out for women clothing & shit, where dude is clearly spying on customers not checking out for women clothing, unless he's gay

:rofl:

Evilo

HSC
i dont know about other myers - but most of the stores now have alarms, dye bombs etc.

Evilo

HSC
I worked at a liquor store. We caught many people shoplifting. Most shoplifters are pretty obvious to spot. I won't call it "character profiling" but it was just so easy to spot theives when they were going to steal stuff.

I'd go and ask them if they needed any help and then i'd stand around untill they left (cos they would never buy anything). It's so stupid because as soon as you shoplift i would have access to the cameras and rewind them and look at past footage. (I could rewind footage super fast and find the point of possible thieft).

And if anyone thinks it's easy to nick stuff when the cashier is busy - it doesnt work. Once we noticed anything suspect i would right down the time code and look it up later. Then i could print of photos of the perpetrators face straight to the office printer.

Being banned from a store is just embarrassing - especially your local. OMG so silly.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
When i worked at myer there were 2 permanent undercovers that worked there most of the time. I heard of big hauls of stuff being stolen from electrical and our manchester department. I had to ID the stuff that was found with her and give the security guards the total amount because most of it was from us.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
some people have those security tag removers. so if they go into change rooms they can take em all off, stuff em in their bag and walk out. faggots.

VALNZI-7

HSC
the only thing i hav eva stole was lollies wen i was bout 8, with my friends , it wasnt a big deal they only cost like 50c back in those days , but my friends dared me to take them

sambeatty

HSC
tom_330 said:
Read this it is brilliant.

"The shoplifter attacks the cynical mind control tactics of modern advertising. Today's commercials, billboards, even the floor—layouts and product displays in stores are designed by psychologists to manipulate potential consumers into purchasing products".

"The shoplifter creates a third choice of her own: she takes the products she has been conditioned to desire without paying for them, so the corporations themselves must pay for all of their propagandizing and mind control tactics".

"For her, the world is as dangerous and as exciting as it was to prehistoric humanity: every day she is in new situations, confronting new risks, living by her wits in a constantly changing environment. For the law-abiding consumer, it is likely that every day at work is similar to the last one and danger is as sorely lacking in life as meaning and purpose are".

Excellent.
THE CORPORATIONS MAN, THOSE DAMN CORPORATIONS ARE GOING TO PAY FOR BRAINWASHING ME, I'LL SHOW THEM, BY STEALING A TWIX.

wait... why aren't you corporations dieing? HAS MY SUBVERSION NOT WORKED?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)