should i buy a PS2? (1 Viewer)

shuning

HSC
i read on the Chinese paper that Sony is gona reduce the price for PS2 to under $100... so i thought maybe i might wana buy 1 just for the lulz...... do u think it's worth it? i know the thing is very old now...T.T

DanteEX

HSC
The PS2 is the most successful Console in Video Game History (At the moment) The PS2 library IS HUUUUUUUUUUGE, Like seriously there are that many quality games on the PS2 that doesn't get enough recognisition.

May show its age against the current generation but PS2's still have a lot to offer, That and according to statistics the PS2 was still the most played console in 2008 over the 360 and Wii.

There is still a lot of love left for the PS2.

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: should i buy a PS2?

but i mean ps3 is out already... the reason i never buy consoles is cuz i and afford the games .... T.T

just cuz the price for ps2 is under 100.... but the games are prob still $50ish each ....

DanteEX

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: should i buy a PS2?

but i mean ps3 is out already... the reason i never buy consoles is cuz i and afford the games .... T.T

just cuz the price for ps2 is under 100.... but the games are prob still $50ish each ....
Well yeah the games are still $50 Brand new, but the Platnium Games brand new retail for around $25 - $39 at JB Hi-Fi, Games like Final Fantasy X, God of War 1 & 2, Kingdom Hearts, Burnout, GTA etc. retailing for Under $30.

Second Hand Games go for anywhere for like $10 - $50 but Platinum games are the best value for money

DanteEX

HSC
That works just as well...

(Looks around)

If you really want to give it to the man just download an emulator...

Not that I'm saying you SHOULD... You just COULD

(Please don't ban me)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

And that's the difference between Msoft & Sony.

Sony still supports a console over 9 years old. Msoft dumped the xbox as soon as the 360 came out. GG M$

greekgun

HSC

Im going to keep the ps2 i hav forever, the great memories i have playing that game will last forever and srsly it was a great console of its time.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Buy a Ps2 and get GTA: San Andreas and have hours of non-stop fun.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
i read on the Chinese paper that Sony is gona reduce the price for PS2 to under $100... so i thought maybe i might wana buy 1 just for the lulz...... do u think it's worth it? i know the thing is very old now...T.T
sony announced that the price drop will not affect the australian market for now.

it's a fantastic machine though and it's been said but it really has a good library of games. probably will go down as the best console ever at this point in time.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC

Pretty sure there are adaptors so you can plug a PS2 controller into the usb socket of your computer. Though where to get them, I've no idea.

HSC

i still use mine, it's good for just fucking around with like tony hawk/guitar hero etc (most games are cheap as hell these days) or for playing dvds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)