Should I change Standard English to Extension 1? (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
not really. Lots and lots of notes and content to cover.

It is somewhat overrated essay writing, I only write them for exams

HSC
Notes easy to understand? Essays, pretty much every single subject except for Mathematics and the sciences has them.

HSC
Ok, cool. So you're in Year 12 now? I can't believe in 2 years, that will be me, excited but really scared as well, time goes by so quickly.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am in year 11. I just have looked at the syllabus for year 12.

I know, time flies.

HSC
Yeah, people at my school complain about all the work we get. I say "Get over it. It will just get worse in Yr 11 and 12."

vamperstien

HSC
joining in randomly about the thread topic, if you really want to do a film major work, why not do VA? you'd have to get through yr11 va, which consists of a couple of mini bodies of work, which you can probably negotiate with your teacher to do films for (mine at least was very happy for me to do films) and the theory is ridiculously easy, plus you get loads more class time to work on your body of work, if you don't like english i really can't see you doing very well in advanced and extention one, which both require a lot of work, probably twice as much as standard, and you really do have to really try to get a vaugly decent mark, because everyone else in the state who does them does work very hard at english,

mangoz

HSC
joining in randomly about the thread topic, if you really want to do a film major work, why not do VA? you'd have to get through yr11 va, which consists of a couple of mini bodies of work, which you can probably negotiate with your teacher to do films for (mine at least was very happy for me to do films) and the theory is ridiculously easy, plus you get loads more class time to work on your body of work, if you don't like english i really can't see you doing very well in advanced and extention one, which both require a lot of work, probably twice as much as standard, and you really do have to really try to get a vaugly decent mark, because everyone else in the state who does them does work very hard at english,
Tbh ext english for me is really bludgy. Advanced english requires a hell a lot more work than ext eng lols and not just 2x (if you're gonna talk about units such as 2 unit = adv , 1 unit = ext therefore adv requires 2x more), its probably more like 4x more. For my crime writing is just start a good creative and keep refining it at the start of the year and then just work on your essay and job done LOL.

Edit: once again ignore any grammatical mistakes / spelling, i really don't care at the moment

HSC
What is VA? And yes, I want to do either an animated/real life setting film or a short story.

enoilgam

HSC
I think at the very least you should change from standard to advanced. I havent done ext 1 english, but from what I have heard from people who did it at my school and people on this website, it is supposed to be a lot easier and more relaxed then advanced.

vamperstien

HSC
Tbh ext english for me is really bludgy. Advanced english requires a hell a lot more work than ext eng lols and not just 2x (if you're gonna talk about units such as 2 unit = adv , 1 unit = ext therefore adv requires 2x more), its probably more like 4x more. For my crime writing is just start a good creative and keep refining it at the start of the year and then just work on your essay and job done LOL.

Edit: once again ignore any grammatical mistakes / spelling, i really don't care at the moment
i think advanced is a more sustained effort/work while extention it comes more in bursts, also extention you have to push out 3500 words in 2 hours *dies*

HSC
No, I would keep Standard English, but because I really want to do a major work, unfortunately I will have to do Advanced and Ext 1 as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)