Should I change Standard English to Extension 1? (1 Viewer)

vamperstien

HSC
So it would be better for me to do VA than 4 unit English for the major work?
well if you really hate english you wouldn't have to do more than you have to/risk damaging your atar, and you also wouldn't run the risk of not being able to do 4 unit english, depending on how your teachers select those who can do it

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You won't be allowed in 4U English if you put no effort in Ext 1
What? How? EX2 is an entirely different subject. That argument only applies for hierarchial subjects like Maths. If your maths marks are crap - don't do Extension 1 or 2, but that does not apply for English.

EX1 and EX2 are different. In EX2, you have to come up with some sort of major work, and it can be crazy, imaginative, whatever, correct? That's all I want to know.
Yes.

But that doesn't answer my question about the video. If you are to create an film, can it be about anything you want, any storyline you want, bar anything inappropriate. Should I give it a go or not, based on what I have told you? I don't like English so it would probably be stupid to do 4 unit, but I really want to take up that major work, it would be interesting.
If you want to do it, try.

well if you really hate english you wouldn't have to do more than you have to/risk damaging your atar, and you also wouldn't run the risk of not being able to do 4 unit english, depending on how your teachers select those who can do it
Your school cannot select people who do subjects. Now in a class like EX2 especially, there is no reason why everyone in EX1 would not be allowed to do it because there is no formal 'class'.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Advise from a Standard student: DON'T DO STANDARD!!! Even if your teacher threatens physical violence onto you to try and make you drop, don't do it! It's shit!
So do English Advanced and Visual Art. Done.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What? How? EX2 is an entirely different subject. That argument only applies for hierarchial subjects like Maths. If your maths marks are crap - don't do Extension 1 or 2, but that does not apply for English.
Your school cannot select people who do subjects. Now in a class like EX2 especially, there is no reason why everyone in EX1 would not be allowed to do it because there is no formal 'class'.
Most schools like to indicate subjects that students can do. There is no point letting a 5.1 kid in year 10 do MX2 in year 12, he will fail.
And at my school the English department is particularly picky. They never run EE2, even though they get people getting 50 in EE1, and the Advanced teacher only likes to have one class so he kicks everyone out, even if they are very capable. Although, he isn't allowed to teach Advanced anymore because the new Head of Curriculum at our school caught on to what he was doing and timetabled him to teach Standard from this year's year 11 and onward. lol

khfreakau

HSC
In yr 11 i considered doing 4U english so that my adv wouldn't have to count since i knew it would be troll. That way only 3U and 4U would have to count. That's the only reason I considered doing it, but I'm glad I didn't haha.

4U english marks are volatile. A good story at school can be a bad story at the marking centre, so it's a bit risky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)