should i drop 3unit maths? (1 Viewer)

mr2yen

HSC
After getting back my preliminary results for maths i see that my 3 unit mark has improved since the half yearly but my 2unit maths mark has dropped. I got 54/70 for my 2 unit about 77% which dropped from 88% in half yearly and 54/72 for 3 unit about 75% which rose from 50% from half yearly.
Should i keep going on with 3 unit maths or should i just drop it altogether?

dolbinau

HSC
I think the extra 3u help makes me better at 2u even though I don't excel at 3u so I'd keep it and see what happens.

cinDii

HSC
hmm i wouldnt say drop it..but ive heard tht if u do reeli good in ur 2u thn it boosts ur 3u mark up..thts wot i heard..cuz its like ur 3u mark is based on ur 2u...jus keep it

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I dropped 3 unit math and I regret it.
Though that's just my experience.

dolbinau

HSC
cinDii said:
hmm i wouldnt say drop it..but ive heard tht if u do reeli good in ur 2u thn it boosts ur 3u mark up..thts wot i heard..cuz its like ur 3u mark is based on ur 2u...jus keep it
I hope so, but I don't see how this can be so :p.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why can't you drop it? But to OP - you shouldn't.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Ypur results seem pretty good and I think that doing 3 unit does help your 2 unit mark because you are spending more time working on maths and developing skills, that's why I kept 3 unit.
Keep it I say :)

sunshiney

HSC
Despite your marks which seem real good i was thinking about dropping 3u but i never did, and i really regret it. spending all your time on three unit (which you have to do to go well)affects your other subjects and why do more units then you have to. Also i think it makes 2u harder because what the question actually wants you to do is less obvious, for instance 2u trig is pretty straight forward and 3u is hard so... the 2u exam asks about trig and all that comes to mind is all the 3u stuff. makes it confusing. but thats just me think about talk to your teachers but go with your gut.

M@ster P

HSC
with the results your getting, you should definitely be keeping it

le-foot

HSC
mr2yen said:
After getting back my preliminary results for maths i see that my 3 unit mark has improved since the half yearly but my 2unit maths mark has dropped. I got 54/70 for my 2 unit about 77% which dropped from 88% in half yearly and 54/72 for 3 unit about 75% which rose from 50% from half yearly.
Should i keep going on with 3 unit maths or should i just drop it altogether?
Personal experience here - you sound like me!

What I did, was I got rid of 2 unit altogether, by doing 4 unit :D

See, I never cracked 2 unit, and my rank was... rather horrible after 3 assessments (YEAH, we had to do 3 maths assments - 2,3,4 unit until the HSC half yearlies), so I kept 4 unit. I'm ranked 2/6 in 3 unit, and well 2/2 for 4 unit :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)