Should I go to a library after school? (1 Viewer)

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Just wondering if any of you guys find it productive going to the library after school to do homework/study and whether it's effective use of time. Thanks

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I never did it. Can't tell you if it's productive or not. But it's not essential.

zeebobDD

HSC
yhh i go quite a few times, pretty effective for me, seem to get quite a bit of work done

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Just wondering if any of you guys find it productive going to the library after school to do homework/study and whether it's effective use of time. Thanks
Depends on how tired you feel after school. If you can still do work after school then it can be quite effective. If not then don't bother. (go home and rest a while before working)

Other factors include how far away you live from the library and how much time you intend on spending there (if it's 2 hours< then you shouldn't really bother)

zombies

HSC
Hmm maybe I should do this sometime. I live like under 10min walk away from the local library.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on how tired you feel after school. If you can still do work after school then it can be quite effective. If not then don't bother. (go home and rest a while before working)

Other factors include how far away you live from the library and how much time you intend on spending there (if it's 2 hours< then you shouldn't really bother)
Do you mean less than 2 hours?

delian

HSC
N/A
I found the library good only when there weren't so many people chatting around me (which tends to happen a lot in libraries)

Home can be good, if there's not too many distractions.

Sngbrd06

HSC
I did it. Especially during exam periods. Best place to work productively in my opinion. Providing there is natural light and people actually studying.

animerocker

HSC
Ever since term 4 last year I have been going to the library after school, its really productive as it's quiet and there is minimal distraction thus you tend to study. So therefore I say it is productive to go to the library after school however not every school day though. You still need a social life

heyhsc

HSC
which library is the best? I love state library it's so quiet

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I just always waste time on the internet etc; it's a massive distraction and source of procrastination for me.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If your home environment proves unsuitable for study (e.g. noise, siblings etc.) then a library isn't a bad bet.

Coolizer

HSC
My local library is noisy... at home is siblings and plenty of distractions... state library is 40min from home :| madness...:punch:

Eddykungfu

HSC
I wouldn't recommend going to the library with more than one friend, unless you know that they will legitimately study!

Otherwise you'll end up chatting, etc and no work will get done. But you'll still feel like work has been done since you've been at a library so you'll go home and procrastinate more.

Story of my life in year 9~10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)