Should i quit violin lessons? (1 Viewer)

bonnie04

HSC
hey love, i wouldn't suggest doing your violin exams too whilst doing the hsc.

only because it doesn't sound like you're completely into it, and that your parents want you to do it - as well as having a teacher who sounds like the type that gets shitty if you don't practice all the time (which is understandable for a teacher). however - from the sounds of it, it'll only stress you out if you're still doing exams.

also, if you don't practice that much and subsequently go crap in your violin exam, your teacher will be pissed, your parents will be pissed, and you will feel really demoralised.

i suggest still doing lessons and practicing during the week if you enjoy it, but not doing the exam if it's not essential.

i kept violin during my hsc but that was because i was doing music for my hsc, it was one of my most important subjects.

i stopped practicing my other 2 instruments, and stopped lessons for those during year 12, then resumed after the hsc ended. i'd consider it carefully, unless it really is your 'relaxation time' as it is to other people who have posted here.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
^ i second that.
dont do exams, you'll end up having to spend more time than you'd want on practise. if your parents want you to finisht those exams some day, wait til after the hsc.

g_dob

HSC
dont quit!!!! i quit violin lessons during year 12 and i regret it as i still havnt picked it up and am in 3rd year uni. hsc is a load of bullshit but violin and music will be with you for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramalamadingdon

HSC
I don;t think you should, unless you actually don't like going. If you like playing it'llbe some sorta more leisure time,so you;re not too stressed ^^

iNerd

Banned
HSC
the fact that
your debating over the fact if you should quit or not
is a very good indication that you should
if you really liked it
and wanted to learn it
it wouldn't be worth the debate

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
srsly just keep it if its only 1hr per week, as mentioned, something to get ur mind off study and let u relax.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
realistically if you can't manage normal routines with HSC - you'll fail uni
consider hsc as practice at time management

Woteva636

HSC
if you don't like the violin, or any instrument, then you may as well quit it and find a better use for your time.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i say, keep it. During your hsc period, you will find that it's great to have something to take your time off for.

For example, i play table tennis for my own enjoyment. I also cover great distances by running. It's all about moderation.

So if you enjoy it, don't quit it. If you don't enjoy it, find something else.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)