Should I resign? (1 Viewer)

Intelligence123

HSC
Hi guys,
So I've been working as a cashier for almost 2 years and its my HSC year now and I'm thinking of resigning because I think I'm being underpaid and I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to and I've just not been "cashing-up" properly (sometimes a couple of dollars short or over in my draw)....it's become really repetitive and tiring too (especially after school and studying). Opinions?
Aaand for whether I may be being underpaid:
18 yo, casual-time as a cashier, 5.5 hrs/day for 2 days per week
Current pay: $8/ hour + 10% casual loading

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That pay is horrendous. Surely they should have given you a raise.

But if you do resign, make sure you do it politely and get the reference for it.

I think you would have a good reference being there for two years to move up a bit. Do apply though next month and early October.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,
So I've been working as a cashier for almost 2 years and its my HSC year now and I'm thinking of resigning because I think I'm being underpaid and I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to and I've just not been "cashing-up" properly (sometimes a couple of dollars short or over in my draw)....it's become really repetitive and tiring too (especially after school and studying). Opinions?
Aaand for whether I may be being underpaid:
18 yo, casual-time as a cashier, 5.5 hrs/day for 2 days per week
Current pay: $8/ hour + 10% casual loading

where the fuck do u work for that kind of shit cash

proflayton

HSC
just take peoples transactions and don't ring them up and then put the money in your pocket

sepideh96

HSC
Duuuude, you're pay is shocking. :eek2: I worked for a major supermarket too, at 17 I got paid $16 on weekdays and $21 on Sundays.

Maybe ask for a pay rise or call it quits (in a nice manner)? Especially because you don't quite enjoy it!

emilios

HSC
were you/are you working cash money? cos that's WELL below the junior minimum wage rate for 18 yr olds. the general retail award for 18 yr olds is like $16/hr , almost double yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)