Should marijuana be legalised? (1 Viewer)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Did you know that fruit is actually bad for your urinary tract... maybe we should make it illegal too.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
That wouldn't be very beneficial for you.
i think the prerequisite for ignorance is the blatant and sadly non existant knowledge... especially when you're taking something into your body and you dont know what the fuck its doing to you :)

im sorry, but really, you're so ignorant.... just read up about it before you go saying its so cool and your dad smokes it every morning so that its clearly so awesome
"THC is a very potent chemical compared to other psychoactive drugs. An intravenous (IV) dose of only one milligram (mg) can produce serious mental and psychological effects. Once in your bloodstream, THC typically reaches the brain within seconds after it is inhaled and begins to go to work."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/marijuana3.htm

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
imsooverskool said:
once again i will point to the fact that POT is legal in the ACt and not everyone walks around "stoned off their nut". I am aware that Maraijuana is harmful, but so is alcohol and smoking and yet they remain legal. If adults want to use things that are harmful to thier bodies, then that is thier choice
but do you think more people smoke pot now that its legal? as oppose to prior to the legislation?

small survey:
would people rather smoke cigs or a joint?

i found it strange that heaps (5) of people would rather smoke pot...

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
You don't know what it could do for you. :)
are you completley insensitive? do you not have an ounce of heart?
TWO PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY DIED FROM MARIJUANA. at least have some FUCKING respect.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
jezzmo said:
i believe in free choice. if someone chooses to take speed or smoke pot, then that is their choice and all repercussions from that should be their responsibility.
The problem with this is that the effects of such choices are not individualised and extend to both the family of the user and also the taxpayers money used in rehabilitation and various other forms of social welfare - the social costs of drug addiction. That is where the fallacy of your argument lies.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yo jezz, no ones listening us two...
have a big night last night?

another thing... these days theres more the younger ones are more fucked up with the whole sex, drugs, alcohol shit... anyways... its fucking crazy... im a saint compared to them now...

edit: absolution why do you make me look like an idiot :p

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
jezzmo said:
isn't it sad that we can't rely on the good will of people? we need the law to try to stop us from making bad decisions?
thats just the way it is. there are always the uneducated or the rash in society who dont understand good will... they will just do what they want/can.
and thats just the way society functions. you always have to create laws for the lowest common denominator.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
jezzmo said:
Sorry to pry, but were the deaths mental-health related or physical? And would you deem their intake of marijuana as USE or ABUSE?

When an alcoholic dies of liver cancer, we blame alcoholism, not a beer.
one mental, one physical.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
jezzmo said:
Once again, why do people put drug use and drug addiction in the same basket?
I dont know, but maybe because drug use leads to drug addiction? *slaps forehead*

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
I dont know, but maybe because drug use leads to drug addiction? *slaps forehead*
Not in all cases. Many people use drugs socially for years without becoming dependent on them. Same way that people go out and have a drink every now and then for 40 years without becoming alcoholics.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
jezzmo said:
not a huge night, but enough to need a berocca :) how about you? agreed about the young ones getting into it all way to early. i'm sure we should probably just ban all under-18's from going out at night, a sure fire way to cater for the lowest common denominator ;)
isnt berocca meant to be drank prior to going out? maybe thats why its not working for me.... didnt do shit last night... didnt get sleep from friday so i was tired... i blow too much money when i go out dammit....

as much as i agree with the whole banning of under 18's... i woulda been kinda angry if i was under age :p... theyd all just go get stoned at each others house's i mean everyone did that prior to fake ids :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
jezzmo said:
You keep slapping your forehead, and i'll smoke a joint. See you at the ward :)

The point is, there is a difference. Drug use CAN lead to drug addiction, but that is in the MINORITY of cases.

If you go to the pub for a beer, do you want to be classed as an alcoholic?

If someone smokes a joint on a saturday night, should he be classed the same as someone who smokes multiple times a day?
The examples you originally used were far more dangerous and highly addictive than weed and alcohol. Of course these drugs arent nearly as addictive. Im speaking more in a broader sense.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
The exact same thing applies for harder drugs too absolution*

I have friends who have experimented with speed, cocaine, and other things for years now, and still have their life very much in order. They aren't dependent upon these substances either.. it's all about the difference between use and abuse.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
azzie said:
i think the prerequisite for ignorance is the blatant and sadly non existant knowledge... especially when you're taking something into your body and you dont know what the fuck its doing to you :)

im sorry, but really, you're so ignorant.... just read up about it before you go saying its so cool and your dad smokes it every morning so that its clearly so awesome
You fucking loser. I think most people past the age of 14 have gotten over thinking pot is 'cool'. But I'm so sick of self righteous conservative dickheads who've never even tried it pretending they understand its effects and further pushing people to fear this completely natural, harmless plant. As for being ignorant of what marajuana does to you... I'm not. Would you like me to start up a thread describing what it feels like to get ripped to prove it? I'd rather not. :rolleyes:

"THC is a very potent chemical compared to other psychoactive drugs. An intravenous (IV) dose of only one milligram (mg) can produce serious mental and psychological effects. Once in your bloodstream, THC typically reaches the brain within seconds after it is inhaled and begins to go to work."
Serious mental and psychological effects. OK as if people don't already know that they're going to be abit out of it when they light up or dig into a batch of cookies. The key is just being aware of whats happening so you don't get paranoid or overreact to what can be an extremely calming and pleasurable experience. Also, noone i know takes in marajuana through an intravenous dose and nor would they be likely to given the option, there are just too many other better methods. Pot doesn't give you Schizophrenia, people who have a family history of schizophrenia shouldn't smoke pot just like people who are allergic to peanuts shouldn't eat them.

ramin_87

I don't know anything about marijuana except what I hear- which is that it's bad for your health and that it has adverse effects on the human body. I have never tried it nor will I ever. The question we must ask ourselves is marijuana a substance that provides benefit or does it further worsen society. I take the opinion that it does worsen society, because even though it may not have direct health efects which are adverse, it may lead to furtther drug taking, which will be harmful. If one drug is legalised then people will ask why isn't cocaine or heroin legalised and that surely will open a pandora's box. Do we wan't this to happen, I think not. Surely there are other ways to satisfy yourself than taking or smoking marijuana. Ask yourself this question does marijuana help your life or does it worsen it? Is it 100% safe, I think not. So why take it? GOD bless you.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
But I'm so sick of self righteous conservative dickheads who've never even tried it pretending they understand its effects and further pushing people to fear this completely natural, harmless plant.
you sad fucking CUNT
two of my relitives DIED
read that word- they died
from marijuana
dont FUCKING tell me its harmless you stupid little shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)