Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I also think your a troll, no one could seriously be that stupid...

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
ok as a muslim true, i may disagree due to the fact u can never really tell untill the night b4 as islam follows the moon calender.

and secondly what does this whole "bill of rights" shit have anything to do with EID becomming a public holiday?

Brontecat

HSC
i've just jumped in on this thread aka have only read this page and OP

but i don't think they should be counted, not because i believe in only christianity, but rather due to the fact that Australia is classed as a christian country - just like France classify themselves as a secular country.

Jeee

Banned
HSC

but i don't think they should be counted, not because i believe in only christianity, but rather due to the fact that Australia is classed as a christian country - just like France classify themselves as a secular country.
Australia isn't classed as any religion. It's a secular country with no official religion.

murphyad

HSC
Australia is classed as a christian country - just like France classify themselves as a secular country.
Ummm, no.

Australia has no national religion - it is not classed as a 'Christian' country.

Given that only 1.71% of the population identify as Muslims, I find it difficult to suggest that the recognition of muslim holidays should be a legal right. What about various other religions - should we treat them the same way?

Since there are more New Zealanders in Australia than there are Muslims, perhaps it would more logical to recognise the right of New Zealanders to celebrate Waitangi Day, a public holiday in New Zealand.

Last edited:

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

go back and actually read the thread, you'll realize how dumb this sounds.

Brontecat

HSC
Information about religious information in Australia:
1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2006

its a bit outdated (2001) but the figures don't generally change dramatically & it was the most recent info. i could find

it indicates that 1.5% of Australians classified themselves as Muslims and 26.6% classed themselves as Catholic alone (only one denomination of Christianity)

Last edited:

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Information about religious information in Australia:
1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 2006

its a bit outdated (2001) but the figures don't generally change dramatically & it was the most recent info. i could find

it indicates that 1.5% of Australians classified themselves as Muslims and 26.6% classed themselves as Catholic alone (only one denomination of Christianity)
it still remains, australia is a secular country. read the thread before repeating points others have attempted to make.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
ur 100% right, we are a secular nation, however we have a habit of electing christian pms
Well, how many Muslim, Jewish, Hindu or Buddhist MPs are there?
And anybody who elects on the basis of religion or colour etc is (insert profanity).
We should elect our government based on what they will offer the people.

Brontecat

HSC
for most religious people faith is an everyday value that influences their decisions and moralistic values, a nation that predominantly class themselves as Christian are likely to be attracted to people offering policies that fit in with their personal values or belief system

HSC
N/A
for most religious people faith is an everyday value that influences their decisions and moralistic values, a nation that predominantly class themselves as Christian are likely to be attracted to people offering policies that fit in with their personal values or belief system
fucking bogan jew

r we dere yet

HSC
its not only lebs that celebrate eid...

even if the govt sanctioned muslims holidays it will never be practical. lebs have their eid on one day, the south Asians on another the far east Muslims on another day. not only that, there us no universal day for eid. it changes every single year and is determined by the sighting of the moon. Most of the time Eid is only confirmed on the night before.

so ummm it will never hapnd. so stfu keysar jew

louy

HSC
N/A
I am in Singapore at the moment and it is a Public Holiday - Hari Raya Puasa

I hear they have all sorts of public holidays for all religions and races. They have Deepavali coming soon, they get xmas and new Year and also Chinese New Year

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
And they work far longer hours for the same (or often less) wages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)