Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

baybeejulia

HSC
First of all, lol.

Second of all, where does it say that muslims dont want christmas to be celebrated openly?
Im not offended by christmas, or public celebrations of christmas, and fyi the birth of Christ is recognised by muslims too.

Australia is NOT becoming an islamic nation, that's the funniest thing i've ever heard.

I agree with you when u said that if they dont like it then they should go back to where they came from, BUT you're kinda going too far here, making claims that i highly doubt can be validated.
There was some media attention on that issue.
Listen, Omie Jay, I have only one thing against your people, and that is not directed at you or fellow muslims like you, it is against stupid fanatics who want to kill my family in Egypt, who are killing my people in Egypt. All im saying is, there are not many Islamic countries that are as advanced as non Islamic countries, i don't think that trying to bring in Islamic recognition into Australia is a good idea, besides kevin rudd, things are working in this country.

In Egypt and Sudan, we as christians cant openly celebrate our religion, the birth of christ, nor his death. In countries like Saudi women have to wear the Hijab, and if caught with a bible, their hands will be chopped off. All im saying is, if you live in a country, love it or leave it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Listen, Omie Jay, I have only one thing against your people, and that is not directed at you or fellow muslims like you, it is against stupid fanatics who want to kill my family in Egypt, who are killing my people in Egypt. All im saying is, there are not many Islamic countries that are as advanced as non Islamic countries, i don't think that trying to bring in Islamic recognition into Australia is a good idea, besides kevin rudd, things are working in this country.

In Egypt and Sudan, we as christians cant openly celebrate our religion, the birth of christ, nor his death. In countries like Saudi women have to wear the Hijab, and if caught with a bible, their hands will be chopped off. All im saying is, if you live in a country, love it or leave it.
they're called "extremists", and i really really really really really hate them too :)

but trust me when i say australia is NOT becoming an islamic nation. That's just plain obvious.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A

I stopped reading at this point.

baybeejulia

HSC
they're called "extremists", and i really really really really really hate them too :)

but trust me when i say australia is NOT becoming an islamic nation.
Well im glad you do..lol extremists, my bad.
Listen, i got three muslim girls in my religion class, they are three of the nicest girls i've ever met in my life. One of which i am extremly close with. I understand that Islam means peace and that most of you do not possess bad intentions, however, my desire to prevent islamic public holidays, is part of a larger desire to prevent any possibility of having to be opressed again by 'extremists'. Simply taking precautions.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Well im glad you do..lol extremists, my bad.
Listen, i got three muslim girls in my religion class, they are three of the nicest girls i've ever met in my life. One of which i am extremly close with. I understand that Islam means peace and that most of you do not possess bad intentions, however, my desire to prevent islamic public holidays, is part of a larger desire to prevent any possibility of having to be opressed again by 'extremists'. Simply taking precautions.
yea well im a really nice person too, it just hurts my feelings when people generalise.

so yea, dont generalise :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Nah don't apologise. Fact is, we, the australian people will never accept another cultures holiday as our own.... unless it involves getting awesomely smashed- ST PATRICKS DAY WOOOOOOOO

But in all seriousness, if you would like your muslim holidays, too bad.
haaayy im australian too :mad1:

and i already mentioned early in this thread why i dont think that an islamic public holiday should be recognised in australia, and imo its a pretty decent reason.

SO YEAH.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Thread getting repetitive.
It's bogans + conservatives against normal decent moral citizens.
Just read through the thread. If you're about to say something, shut the fuck up, it's been said.

baybeejulia

HSC
Thread getting repetitive.
It's bogans + conservatives against normal decent moral citizens.
Just read through the thread. If you're about to say something, shut the fuck up, it's been said.
How about people like u just read the thread and shut the fuck up and not tell us what to do?
If we want to reply to the thread, its a free country, we'll do as we please..
Gee people these days.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
How about people like u just read the thread and shut the fuck up and not tell us what to do?
If we want to reply to the thread, its a free country, we'll do as we please..
Gee people these days.
If it's a free country, why do I have to buy my taco shells?

baybeejulia

HSC
If it's a free country, why do I have to buy my taco shells?
You dont. Steal them if you like. Just deal with the consequences. Even free country's are regulated by laws. Lucky for us, we have a right to freedom of speech.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
You dont. Steal them if you like. Just deal with the consequences. Even free country's are regulated by laws. Lucky for us, we have a right to freedom of speech.
Okay. I understandz it now. So...freedom of speech...
Can I still tell you all to shut the fuck up and read through the thread?

baybeejulia

HSC
Okay. I understandz it now. So...freedom of speech...
Can I still tell you all to shut the fuck up and read through the thread?
Of course you can. Doesn't mean we'll listen, or care. So waste your time all you like :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)