Should prostitution be illegal? (1 Viewer)

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Selling is legal.
Fucking is legal.
Why isnt selling fucking legal?
- George Carlin.

sunsettah

HSC
I think Iron just likes being a drama queen and getting attention.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
all replies have been from sluts

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
For sluts, youre pretty sensitive aye

Society has refined a correct stigma to be attached to any woman who sleeps around with men without making solemn life committments; we call them sluts.

At least prostitutes have the sense to make some dough, aye

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
This is a far more interesting discussion.

Prostitution is completely legal in all states and territories of Australia.

Prostitutes generally report a substantial number of their clients are married men. Some prostitutes will report that the majority of their clients are married men.

Looking at it from the perspective of what it does to families/relationships, there is an argument to be made that it helps sexless marriages, where there is still love, but the wife has lost interest in sex, often due to medical, or biological issues. Is it fair for the wife to expect her husband to remain faithfull when she will never have sex with him again? The husband is able to fulfill his needs in a mutually agreeable fashion, and maintain the relationship with the women he loves. Otherwise the relationship would certainly break down.

This is not an uncommon example. Women refuse sex to partners, in otherwise loving marriages, particulary after menopause or childbirth. Prostitution is the saviour of the traditional marriage.

Regardless of the effect upon relationships, I believe it should be legal for reasons of indivdual liberty.
So what if the men are married. Fairly sure adultery hasn't been a punishable crime since the dinosaurs stopped roaming the earth.

If a man wants to pay money to have some chick give him what he can't give at home it's not different than if he's banging the secretary at work for free.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Furthermore, the state doesn't have an obligation to ensure that spouses stay faithful by banning sex as a commodity.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol how is adultery not punishable? In many nations, it's grounds for death, in ours it's grounds for divorce which could cost a gentleman half his estate and wealth (and access to children)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
lol how is adultery not punishable? In many nations, it's grounds for death, in ours it's grounds for divorce which could cost a gentleman half his estate and wealth (and access to children)
Yeah, okay, in shit hole countries it's punishable by death and rape is classed as adultery. So let's try and not use those countries as our moral barometer, yeah?

If a dude gets divorced over adultery, he's not going to lose that much more than if the chick decided she just didn't want to be married anymore. Either way, more often than not divorce is a lose lose situation for dudes (especially when kids are involved), so if he's going to lose the lot he may as well make sure he has been getting a bit on the side.

AND, it's still not a crime that can be 'punished' as a stand alone. How many Australian men have been jailed or stoned in the last 30 years for sexing somebody else whilst married?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
homosexuality should still be illegal like the glory days 30years ago.
I created a thread on this, but the powers that be deemed it more offensive than CP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)