Should there be an Aboriginal voice to parliament? (1 Viewer)

A Proposed Law: to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishin

• Yes

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 32.9%
  • Idk/results

Votes: 35 22.6%

• Total voters

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
@year10studentpreparin
Ok here’s my tl;dr opinion:
The yes vote will feel better for race relations in Australia. The no vote will be funny cause of how much the ‘yes’ campaign spent on advertising and will feel like more of an anti establishment kick to the system. Either way the voice will do nothing cause only Labor and greens will care, definitely not the liberals.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
@year10studentpreparin
Ok here’s my tl;dr opinion:
The yes vote will feel better for race relations in Australia. The no vote will be funny cause of how much the ‘yes’ campaign spent on advertising and will feel like more of an anti establishment kick to the system. Either way the voice will do nothing cause only Labor and greens will care, definitely not the liberals.
yeah true only labour and greens care but ye i do kinda want to see No win and see albos face lmao

carrotsss

HSC
vote yes = 99.95 atar

and also the voice has pretty much no negative, the best case scenario is that it provides good advice to the government on ways to make their legislation have a meaningful impact on indigenous people, the worst case scenario is that the government can just ignore it and nothing happens

year10studentpreparin

HSC
vote yes = 99.95 atar

and also the voice has pretty much no negative, the best case scenario is that it provides good advice to the government on ways to make their legislation have a meaningful impact on indigenous people, the worst case scenario is that the government can just ignore it and nothing happens
what happens if the gubbernment ignores it and so the voice take it to the high courts or some crap and the voice gets more power and more say

liamkk112

HSC
vote yes = 99.95 atar

yeah this is pretty much how i saw it, even if the government implements it terribly ultimately its not like their "voice" is going to interfere or stop legislation from being made or anything like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)