Should virginity be regarded as a virtue in modern society? (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Ok sure it's important, but ur relationship is never going to get boring right? So if you guys just got it over and done with now there's all these other things to experience! If you don't, then you've decided to miss out on them... I can't see why in a case where both roads lead to equal pleasure you wouldn't just let natural urges take their course.

why are u in such a rush?
I'm 21, probably only going to get to have good sex with young girls (without paying) for another 15 years or so tops.

Reading the way some men here are is showing me what an awesome guy i have
Im the luckiest girl in the whole world
Yeah so awesome yet you deny him the thing he'd like most... Don't deny that if u went over to his place right now and stripped, got on ur knees and asked him to fuck you he wouldn't.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
But you also said "There is plenty of passion Kwayera But we keep our boundaries - self control. Its ood to know he has it , that he isnt going to succumb to that when we are married and he is propositioned by someone when im not there."

Sounds like you don't trust him at all. Is that it?

You're afraid to "give yourself to him" in case he throws it back in your face later?

No. But his integrity is apparent because of the way he treats me now:)

HSC
*TRUE* said:
there will be room for absolute spontainiety in marriage.and plenty of spontaineity that doesnt involve sex before=)
im not even talking about sex...
im talking about kisses.

they just seem so fundamental to me...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Our generation are too busy partying and doing that new 'ice' drug to run companies. Plus they don't have the work ethic to do it. Once the older, wiser, more conservative, harder working, sensible generations who actually have rules and order and values and morals in their lives retire, the world will be in chaos. There'll be cars burning in every streets and "Cory"s holding parties in every house.

Also, the most oppressive thing the patriarchy did was convince womyn it doesn't exist.
Hah. Womyn. Oh, I hate it when people use that word.

The point is that by believing there isn't a patriarchy, it loses its power. I believe our generation is the one that will stop looking at the gender on a CV, because it doesn't matter. And I HOPE our generation is the one that does away with discrimination, either for women or against.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
im not even talking about sex...
im talking about kisses.

they just seem so fundamental to me...
then kiss someone=)

guruj790

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Dude maybe this guy is just your best friend and nothing further... maybe you're delusional.

Or, or, or, maybe he's gay!

I've got big money on him loving the hot dickings.
i'd put $1000 on that buddy. one day she'll go 'ok lets kiss' and he'l go 'but your face isn't rough enough, here; put this lube to good useage.'

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
he has the same values as me and brought up the boundaries thing first. Reading the way some men here are is showing me what an awesome guy i have :)
Im the luckiest girl in the whole world:)
That's because (most) of the guys here - and the girls - are mature enough to not take sex so seriously. Because it's nothing that should be taken so seriously.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Dude maybe this guy is just your best friend and nothing further... maybe you're delusional.

Or, or, or, maybe he's gay!

I've got big money on him loving the hot dickings.
No! HAHAHAAAAAAA Its clear he isnt gay, LOL!
Im not delusional - but i cant convince anyone on here of anything...wanting to have sex is normal. we both WANT to. But we are choosing to wait till we marry.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Im not delusional - but i cant convince anyone on here of anything...wanting to have sex is normal. we both WANT to. But we are choosing to wait till we marry.
Still not getting it - if you both know you're going to marry, and spend the rest of your life together, why does a ceremony determine the before and after?

HSC
*TRUE* said:
a piece of paper wont make the night any more special.

in fact, its likely youll realise that your first kiss is really quite clumsy, that you dont know his body well enough to enjoy the night the way you should, and that the more alcohol you drink to ease your nerves, the clumsier you are in bed.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Man I feel sorry for the big barrel of regret you're going to feel come realising it's not all it's cracked up to be.
Dont worry about me. I know i sound naiive and little. Im not what u think i am.
I hope u find out all that it can be.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Still not getting it - if you both know you're going to marry, and spend the rest of your life together, why does a ceremony determine the before and after?

because it's her personal choice.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Because it is what we have chosen to do-i could put forward arguements but i dont think anyone here really wants to know - they have just decided Im an idiot or he is -
bottom line , we have chosen to wait to have sex

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
dude this girl has been posting in this thread for like the last 1 hour explaining why...give her a break

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
We don't think you're an idiot, or are offended or anything. Well, at least I'm not.

I just...don't get it. *shrug*

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
We don't think you're an idiot, or are offended or anything. Well, at least I'm not.

I just...don't get it. *shrug*
Thats fair enough!
:)
Yeah i didnt mean you...I meant some guy..
You cant liv your life worrying about what other people will think though. You just got to do what you think is right.......

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
But everyone thinks they are right. We can't all be. I think its healthy to question your own beliefs regularly rather than stamping your feat and insisting "I believe X, Y, Z and I'm not backing down." Most likely you believe X, Y, Z because you're parents, schools and others have drilled X, Y, Z into you from many years since you were a young child.
thats true
but Im happy.I should do what makes me happy shouldnt i?

HSC
N/A
sex is just touching. Any other conceptions people have seem to be a reflection of morals or values and are usually irrational. Just like the "virtue" of virginity is a social construct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)