Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
basically, if a woman can pass the physical requirements of joining the infantry then by all means she should be able to join the infantry.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
They should be allowed, but they shouldn't be given any slack because they are females. Make them do the same things that males have to do, it's the only way to keep the line stong.
Of course they wouldn't be fucking given slack.

Get back in your hole, sexist loser.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Would you? This argument ignores the whole point of this discussion, the issue is *choice*. Conscription takes away choice, thus rendering that point invalid.
By allowing women to serve on the front, you are paving the way for them to be eligible for conscription if the need arises.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Russ said:
Raw: Squat: 120x5, Deadlift 150x1, Bench: 80x6 @ ~66
Incidentally relatively impressive numbers given your weight. The female competitors at this years crossfit games pulled similar deadlifts. After running 7km and before sprinting 170m uphill with a sandbag, rowing 500m, pounding a 3' steel spike into concrete, rowing another 500m, 90 6kg wall-ball throws and 90 20kg snatches.

And that was just the first day of competition.... the second day involved: Max load Barbell Snatch, Triplet, which was max rounds in 8min of 4 Handstand Pushups / 8 24kg KB Swings / 12 GHD Situps, Chipper, which was 15 barbells cleans (100lbs), 30 toes to bar, 30 box jumps (20"), 10 muscle-ups, 30 push presses (25lbs), 30 double-unders, 15 thrusters (95lbs), 30 pull-ups, 30 burpees, 300' overhead walking lunges (25lb plate).

Pretty sure the women who can do that are plenty fit enough for combat...

Women's Overall Results

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Incidentally relatively impressive numbers given your weight. The female competitors at this years crossfit games pulled similar deadlifts. After running 7km and before sprinting 170m uphill with a sandbag, rowing 500m, pounding a 3' steel spike into concrete, rowing another 500m, 90 6kg wall-ball throws and 90 20kg snatches.

And that was just the first day of competition.... the second day involved: Max load Barbell Snatch, Triplet, which was max rounds in 8min of 4 Handstand Pushups / 8 24kg KB Swings / 12 GHD Situps, Chipper, which was 15 barbells cleans (100lbs), 30 toes to bar, 30 box jumps (20"), 10 muscle-ups, 30 push presses (25lbs), 30 double-unders, 15 thrusters (95lbs), 30 pull-ups, 30 burpees, 300' overhead walking lunges (25lb plate).

Pretty sure the women who can do that are plenty fit enough for combat...

Women's Overall Results
Great. I am sure there are women in existence that are stronger and faster than me in my weight class. I am sure there are women who can kick my ass in boxing, beat me at indoor soccer and other sports. I am sure there are women who can also snatch my deadlift max over their head.

But, personally I have never met any around. I've never seen any woman deadlift over 100kg, bench or squat a plate a side in my gym. Ever. I have never met a woman with the mental dedication and toughness fit for a military, and these girls should be at the gym if anywhere.

The reality is, very few women will qualify for combat duties. I do not see the point of adjusting the entry requirements just so a couple of women that were clearly born with abnormal testosterone levels can qualify.

I really hope they don't go the road of lowering entry requirements just so women can qualify.

Exactly. Probably the whole child rearing thing, but unless they are suckling the baby, that's a stupid, outdated attitude to have.
Having children is outdated? Fuck, we are doomed.

epic man

HSC
Would you? This argument ignores the whole point of this discussion, the issue is *choice*.
Women do have the choice of serving in the infantry, they could swim to Afghanistan or Iraq if they desperately wanted do. Its the choice of military leaders, however, as to whether or not they will support these women. They have made their choice and now you want to take it away from them.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
@Russs

Apparently you go to a soft gym then. We have women in our heavy weights room. The triathletes and rowers in particular are quite fit.

You seem to be missing the point. We're not talking about adjusting the entry requirements. The whole point is that if women can pass the entry requirements we have for men then we shouldn't stop them serving in the infantry.

If there are problems with the entry test for men then that is a separate issue.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Women do have the choice of serving in the infantry, they could swim to Afghanistan or Iraq if they desperately wanted do. Its the choice of military leaders, however, as to whether or not they will support these women. They have made their choice and now you want to take it away from them.
Wtf? Want to try and explain that again???

epic man

HSC
By creating choice for one group of people, you are taking away choice from another.

epic man

HSC
This is true with every restriction. If you enforce that women must have the choice to join the infantry and have full suport of the infantry, you are taking away the liberties of those leading the military to reject women from the infantry.

In essence, I'm saying that it is more of a privilege to be able to join the infantry than a right. People should not, by enforcement, have to support anyone else unwillingly, because it is their freedom to decide whether they do things such as provide weapons/transportation/rations for anyone.

Next you'll be saying dogs should have the choice of joining the infantry. Not that i would compare a woman to a dog.

Last edited:
HSC
By creating choice for one group of people, you are taking away choice from another.
Oh. Ok. So let's reinstate slavery because, by giving African-Americans freedom, we've taken away the right of white people to choose to have a servant.

epic man

HSC
Oh. Ok. So let's reinstate slavery because, by giving African-Americans freedom, we've taken away the right of white people to choose to have a servant.
My argument is not so childish Humandichotomy. You said this thread is about choice. The only way everyone can have total freedom of choice legally is in a state of complete anarchy.

epic man

HSC
Even our own bodies place limits on the physicality of our soul, hence rendering us incapable of perfect freedom.

/thread

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)